Epson is well known for its extensive range of multifunction printers. However, sometimes these printers got some type of error. Among all these, Epson Scanner error 11 is a common one. The Epson error 11 generally happens due to two possible reasons. Firstly, if the ink cartridges have become empty. Otherwise, improper installation of the ink cartridges can also cause this issue. So, if you are dealing with the Epson ET-4550 Scanner error 11 and don’t know what to do, then this article will surely help you. Therefore, go through this content to know how to escape from this glitch at ease.
Effective Fixes to Resolve Epson Scanner Error 11
This particular issue is related to ink cartridges. Accordingly, there are 2 hacks you can try. Here are some fixes you can try to troubleshoot Epson Scanner error 11. These are as follows.
Fix 1: Replace the Epson Ink Cartridge with a New One
It is mentioned above that due to an empty ink cartridge this Error occurs. So, you need to replace your Epson ink cartridge with a new one to resolve this issue. Follow the steps below to do so.
- At first, turn off your printer and open the cartridge gate from the top.
- Now, take out the cartridges from your printer carefully.
- After that, place your new cartridge gently inside the printer.
- Then, push the holder slowly.
- Wait till a clicking sound appears and then turn on the printer again. Don’t forget to take out the plastic cover of the cartridges before putting them in the printer.
- Finally, to be sure about the completion of this process, take a sample print out.
Check whether the Epson scanner error 11 is gone. If it continues to appear on your device, then try the next method.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Ink Cartridge in your Epson Printer
The Epson scanner error 11 might also occur if you did any mistake during the initial setup of your Epson printer ink cartridges. In this case, you need to reinstall the ink cartridge to get rid of this error. Here are some hassle-free solutions listed below to reinstall the ink cartridge.
- Turn off your Epson printer and remove all the cables.
- Take out the cartridges from the printer.
- Then, clean it properly with a clean cotton swab or a dry cloth.
- Now, place the cartridge again inside your printer gently within the accurate section.
- Press down the holder unit and wait until you hear a clicking sound from the printer.
- Place the scanner unit again to its respective position and then wait till the power light is stable. This will confirm the reset process.
Hopefully, this will fix the issue. Scan or print a sample document to check if the error still persists.
Hope this article was fruitful enough to deal with the Epson scanner error 11 or Epson ET-4550 scanner error 11. We’ve discussed all the possible ways to fix up this issue. In case, the issue still persists, then there might be some technical faults or other glitches with your Epson printer. In this case, better you leave your Epson printer to the nearest customer service or take expert help. Lastly, we recommend you to leave us a comment to let us know about your opinion.