While watching online videos on Dell laptops, users report finding that images start to flash unsteadily on the screen. This problem is commonly known as flickering of the laptop screen. We primarily face this Dell laptop screen flickering issue if the rate of refreshing for any video gets too low. Furthermore, due to problems associated with the hardware components, such issues may abruptly appear. This problem often creates a direct impact on our eyes. Thus, in this technical blog, we are going to discuss some effective ways to resolve the issue.
Reasons Behind Dell Laptop Screen Flickering Horizontal Lines
We face this issue mainly due to a low refresh rate. But, there are some are other reasons, too due to which we face the Dell laptop screen flickering horizontal lines issue. Let us have a quick check on the causes. You might face this issue under the circumstances, as listed below:
- If there is a problem with the graphics driver, then we might face this Dell laptop screen flickering vertical lines issue.
- If the power plan is changed or modified, then we might face this issue.
- Due to the change in the screen resolution, this Dell laptop monitor flickering problem can occur.
Proactive Measures to Resolve Dell Laptop Screen Flickering Problem
Now, you know what are the reasons due to which you might be facing this issue, you need to resolve it, at the earliest. Hence, follow these methods to resolve the Dell laptop screen flickering problem:
- Changing the power plan and restoring default settings.
- Adjusting the screen resolution.
- Updating the device driver.
- Disabling Windows Desktop Manager.
- Deleting incompatible applications.
Methods 1: Changing the Power Plan and Restoring Default Settings
If the changing the power plan on your laptop has resulted in the flickering of your laptop screen then, go through the methods to change the power plan and to restore the default settings:
- Press, the Windows logo key and the R key, together from the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘powercfg.cpl’ in the Run box and press the Enter key.
- After that, choose the option High performance and further, click on ‘Change plan settings’.
- Next, click on ‘Restore default settings for this plan’ and click on YES.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
Method 2: Adjusting the Screen Resolution
Sometimes, by changing the screen resolution, you might face this issue on your Dell laptop. Hence, follow the methods to adjust the screen resolution:
- At first, right click on the screen and choose ‘Display settings’ from the list of options.
- Then, in the Resolution window, check whether the recommended resolution is chosen.
- Now, check whether the Dell laptop screen flickering on and off issue is resolved or not.
Method 3: Updating the Device Driver
Using a backdated device driver for the laptop screen might lead to this flickering issue. Thus, go through the steps to update the device driver:
- At first, press the Windows key and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search panel.
- Then, click on Device Manager from the list.
- After that, click on Graphics and right-click on the Device Driver icon.
- Next, choose the option Update Driver.
- Finally, click on ‘Check for updates’.
Method 4: Disabling Windows Desktop Manager
If you face this issue, then by disabling the Windows Task Manager, you can resolve the issue. Hence, follow the steps mentioned below, to disable the Windows desktop manager:
- Press, the Windows key and R key, simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Then, in the Run window type ‘services.msc’ and press the Enter key.
- After that, navigate to Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and right-click on it.
- Next, click on Stop.
- Thereafter, click twice on ‘Desktop Window Manager Session Manager’.
- Now, choose the option ‘Disabled in Startup type’, from the General tab.
- Then, click on Apply and then, on OK.
- Finally, reboot your laptop and check whether the issue is resolved.
Method 5: Deleting Incompatible Applications
There might be some applications which you do not use anymore on your laptop, due to which you might face this issue. Thus, follow the steps to delete the incompatible applications:
- At first, press the Windows key and choose Control Panel.
- After that, click on the option ‘Uninstall a program’ and right-click on the incompatible applications, one by one.
- Then, click on Uninstall to delete the applications.
- Next, restart your computer.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned methods you can resolve the issue easily.
Go through the methods carefully. Here, we have provided proper guidance to resolve the Dell laptop screen flickering issue. If you are facing any other issue on your Dell laptop, then you can refer to our official website for more helpful articles.