Avast slowing down the internet is one of the most frequent issues often faced by many Avast users. There are many antivirus programs available on the market, but Avast is one of the leading among them, which works on almost every machine. This antivirus software uses programming and sophisticated tools to give the best virus protection. It also helps in protecting the credentials from hackers and provide online security. But even the best antivirus can have some crucial problems which need to be solved as soon as possible.
Users often complain that their Avast slowing down Internet and it frustrates them as it hampers their work. So, they immediately want to solve this issue on their system. Well if you are also facing the same issue then go through this article carefully. Here, you will find some easy methods to get rid of this issue on your system.
Reasons For Avast Slowing Down Internet Issue
Various reasons are responsible for the occurrence of this issue. Below you can see some of the common causes of the Avast slowing down internet issue.
- Due to hard drive issues, the input-output speed of the internet might get decreased than the original.
- Sometimes the appropriate connection model is contrasting with the Avast application.
- When your system is fully affected due to the viruses then you can see this issue on your system.
- Sometimes this problem happens when you are not updating the system.
- When the routers have a default method configuration that performs different packet models, then also this issue might arise.
Try Out the Effective Methods To Get Fixed Avast Slowing Down Internet Issue:
When this particular problem happens on your system, what you need to do you is just simply restart your system and solve the problem. After restarting your system, if the problem still remains, then follow the below mentioned methods to get rid of this problem. Let’s have a look at the methods described below to fix Avast slowing down internet issue.
Method 1 – Boost Up The Internet Connection
You can easily fix the problem which you have encountered in your system by boosting the internet connection. You can do it by following the steps described below:
- At first, go to the Avast application.
- When the Avast application window opens, click on the Main Setting session from the left side panel.
- In the Main Setting session, you have to unmark the ‘Use the stream of intelligent scanning’ option. This plan is essentially applied to increase the speed of the internet.
- Once again you have to go to the Main Settings tab. From there, you need to turn off the scanning method of HTTPS. Now the File Shield will start to scan all the downloaded element. In this step, you can notice that the internet speed is updated.
- After improving the internet speed, you need to disable the Heuristic sensitivity toggle. If you do this properly, then you can quickly boost up the internet connection on your system.
Method 2 – Reinstall The Avast Antivirus
To get rid of this problem, you can simply reinstall the Avast application on your system and then again reinstall it.
- Firstly, click on the Start Menu button to launch the menu list.
- From the menu list, you will find the Control Panel application, then click on it.
- In the Control panel window, go to the Programs and Features tab.
- When the Programs and Features tab opens, scroll down the page and you will find the Avast Application.
- Then, click on the Uninstall option. Now the uninstallation process will start.
- Once the uninstall process is done, reboot your system. After rebooting your system, again install it from the official website of Avast software.
- Once the installation process is finished and then check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 3 – Run A Full Scan Of Your System
You have to run a full scan of your system for resolving this issue from the end users.
- In the beginning, press the Windows Home button and X key to open the WinX menu list. Select the Command Prompt (Admin) option from that list.
- In the Command Prompt window, write SFC/scannow to run this command and then Enter key.
- Once it is done, reboot your system and then check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 4 – Update The Avast Antivirus
Sometimes, updating your system can also help you solve this issue that you have encountered. To update, go through the points below:
- Firstly, open the Avast application.
- In the Avast application window, navigate to the Avast Settings section.
- When the Avast Settings section opens, tap on the Update from the left side panel.
- Click on the Update option. Now the Avast will start to update the process.
- Once the update process is done, restart your system and then check if the problem is solved.
We hope the above information is sufficient to solve the Avast slowing down Internet issue on your system. After successfully trying all the steps, if you find that the problem has not been resolved on your system, then get in touch with a professional for quickly solving this out.