Asus motherborad problem is one of the uncommon but the most critical issues for the Asus users. It decreases the CPU cycles by damaging the BIOS as well as the chipsets attached to the motherboard. Therefore, it becomes an annoying issue when you try to open the device and get stuck with the unexpected error message “Asus error code A3”. It happens due to the BIOS Settings problems and sometimes for the internal driver issues. However, we are going to discuss some of the effective steps to handle the problems in an efficient way.
Significant Reasons Behind the Asus Error
Lots of issues are responsible for this error code A3 and these also damage the motherboard chipsets. Here, we are going to talk about the major reasons that cause this annoying issue very often.
- An outdated or faulty SATA HDD driver causes the Asus motherborad issue.
- If you find that any components attached to the Asus motherborad are damaged, then it fails to perform correctly.
- The BIOS related issues are responsible for creating this kind of error.
- The CMOS problem is another issue for the Asus error code A3.
Fix Asus Error Code A3 with a Few Technical Steps
There are lots of solutions you can use to overcome the Asus error code A3 effectively. Moreover, it enhances the system performance as well. So, you might try out the steps below and resolve the Asus motherboard problem quickly.
Unplug and Reconnect all SATA Cables
- Pull the SATA cables from the motherborad in the direction of the cable. In many cases, you can see that the SATA cable has a small release button or tab on the side of them. So, it helps to pull out the cables safely.
- After that, hold the tab down with the finger and pull it in such a way that it won’t affect the motherborad slots or damages other components attached with it.
- Finally, remove the cables from the motherborad and wait for 2-3 minutes to connect them into the proper slots.
Upgrade SATA Driver
- Type “devicemngr” in the Windows search box and hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Next, locate the Display Adapter menu from the list of installed hardware devices.
- Expand the option by tapping on the + button and choose the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from that list.
- Again, expand the IDE ATA option and select the SATA AHCI controller from the drop-down list.
- Right-click on this option and choose the Update Driver option from the pop-up menu.
- It will start to update the SATA driver with the latest version and wait for a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- When done, reboot the device and check whether the Asus motherboard issue is resolved or not.
Verify the Motherboard
- Disconnect the device from the power outlet and remove all the peripherals which are connected to the device.
- Now, turn off the system and remove the RAM as well as the video card (if any).
- Next, check whether the RAM is working properly or not. If any problem is found with this Random Access Memory or its slots, then immediately perform the RAM reset process.
- If the RAM is not functioning properly, then try another one.
- Ater that, verify if the Motherboard speaker is working properly or not. Moreover, check whether it is attached to the designated slot or not. If not, place it into its specific slot. Otherwise, it wil create a problem in generating the signal.
- Power on the Computer in normal mode and wait until a beep sound comes from the CPU.
- Then, you need to check whether the CPU fan is working properly or not. Otherwise, overheating might damage the chipsets attached to the motherboard. Similarly, verify the LED light whether it is getting the proper voltage or not.
- Besides this, the power outlet needs to be checked. Sometimes, the motherborad internal issue persists due to the power socket problem. Therefore, try another power outlet to get electric power to the device.
- Verify other chipsets and hardware components whether they are working fine or not. If any of those creates a problem, then replace it as soon as possible to avoid this Asus error code A3.
If the error code A3 still persists, then you can perform the CMOS reset process and resolve this Asus hardware issue quickly.
Complementary MOSFET device is one of the smallest parts of the memory that controls the BIOS system. So, to claim the CMOS, or reset this memory device, you can resolve this problem without any hassle.
Via Jumper Method:
- Power off the PC and open up the CPU cabinet cover.
- Now, see the motherboard and locate the CMOS jumper. The jumper contains three pins located near to the battery.
- CMOS jumper has two positions, 1-2 and 2-3 respectively. Move the pin from 1-2 position to the 2-3 position.
- Move the pins again back to their default positions after waiting 2-5 minutes. When done, cover up the CPU cabinet after setting the components onto the proper positions.
- Finally, restart the device and check whether the Asus error code A3 persists or not.
Using the Battery Method:
- Disconnect all the peripheral devices connect to the Asus computer.
- Unplug the power cord of the device from the power outlet and turn off the system.
- Now, remove the CPU cover from its cabinet and locate the battery on the motherboard. The battery will be set as horizontally or in a vertical orientation as per the physical setup. Sometimes, it gets connected to the onboard header through a wire.
- Next, remove the CMOS battery from the motherborad slot by disconnecting the wires in the case of the onboard header connector. If the battery has the holder, then gently pry and swipe the battery from its connector.
- Then, wait for 4-5 minutes and reconnect the battery to that specific slot by connecting its wires or holder.
- When done, put the cover back on the Asus PC and connect the device to the AC power resource.
- Finally, start the device and complete the CMPS reset process without any problem.
Flash Asus BIOS
By performing the BIOS update process, you can fix the Asus error code A3 like major problems easily. Moreover, it helps to resolve a possible motherboard issue without any hassle.
- Boot the BIOS from the BIOS setup window immediately after displaying the Asus logo on the screen.
- Navigate the Tools option from the same window and choose EZ Flash under this section.
- Check the BIOS version and note down the version details correctly.
- Next, go to the Asus official website and download the latest BIOS version and store the new file to the USB drive.
- Again, boot the device and select the EZ Flash from the Tool menu tab.
- Choose the USB device to retrieve the data and select the downloaded file. Press the Enter key to confirm.
- Now, you can see the new settings before applying for the update program. Review the setup properly and accept it.
- This upgrade process will take a couple of minutes and reboot the device once the entire BIOS upgrade process is done.
- Again, go to the BIOS setup window and check the BIOS version whether the new update is applied or not.
Sometimes, the above process won’t able to fix the Asus error and then you can perform the steps below to resolve it. However, you can perform the steps below to overcome the Asus BIOS reset problem immediately.
- Download the BIOS update file from the Asus official website. Remember, the file must contain the .exe extension.
- Next, copy that setup file to a bootable flash drive and connect a USB cable to the Asus PC via USB port. Make sure that the USB cable is not defective and the port is not damaged. Otherwise, you won’t able to update the BIOS perfectly.
- Restart the PC and press the F12 immediately when the Asus manufacturer logo appears on the screen.
- In the BIOS setup window, check the status of the BIOS whether is connected with the USB cable or not.
- Choose the USB storage device from the appeared menu and hit the Return key to exit from the window.
- After that, the system will open up the Command Prompt window and you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can see that the upgrade process starts automatically once you run the essential commands on the Command Prompt, the update process will take a few times to perform.
- Wait until the device shows a successful message regarding the update process. However, after finishing the entire upgrading steps, reboot the system and check whether the Asus error code A3 is resolved or not.
In the above article, we have defined the Asus error code A3 with its significant reasons. Moreover, we have discussed the possible symptoms that will help you to understand the problem at the very initial stage. Therefore, you can avoid those issues effectively. Furthermore, we have given some of the technical solutions that will be helpful to overcome this annoying issue quickly. So, we hope this content will be beneficial for handling the Asus critical error efficiently and permanently.