ASUS error code 40 is a common problem that most of the ASUS users are confronting. The system stops working when this error occurs. The problem mostly appears at the time when you try to access your system with Windows 8 64-Bit. This error is generally a motherboard related issue. Hence, it interrupts you while performing any task on your laptop. If you are dealing with this kind of issue then, this article is for you. Here we are going to give you a brief discussion to fix the ASUS Motherboard Error Code 40 without any hassle.
Try Out the Effective Solutions to Fix the Problem with ASUS Motherboard Error Code 40
Here, we are going to discuss some simple and efficient solution which will help you to fix the problem with ASUS motherboard error code 40. Go through the steps which are mentioned below to fix your problem easily.
Solution 1: Reboot your system
At first, you should try to reboot your ASUS laptop. Here are the steps that can help you to reboot your system.
- At first, restart your ASUS laptop. You can restart it at the time when your laptop is in the ON condition
- Now, hit the F9 button from your keyboard at the time when ASUS logo appears in your screen
- After that, you have to select the Recover Windows then, hit the Enter button from your keyboard
- Then, press the “Y” button from your keyboard. After that, your laptop will automatically restore the factory settings
- Now, you have to accept the license agreement on your laptop. And then, you need to choose your preferable Language
- After that, you have to enter your name and set your date and time. Then, click on the Next option
- After, completing all the steps which are mentioned in the above now, click on Finish and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Update the BIOS
Another effective way to resolve the error is by updating the BIOS. Here are the steps to update your BIOS correctly.
- At first, you have to be sure that if your system is properly connected with the power source or not.
- After that, you have to extract the BIOS file. To do it at first you have to Double-click on the downloaded ZIP file to open it. After that, go to the Extract tab which is located on the top of the Window. Then, you have to select the Extract all. And then, click on the Extract option when prompted. Wait a few minutes to open it
- Once you have done with the steps which are mentioned before, you need to Read your BIOS file’s README document if it is needed.
- Then, plug in the USB drive in your device and make a copy of your BIOS file into the flash drive
- Now, access the BIOS page. To do it at first, you have to restart your computer and then press the F12 button or you can press the Del key or the Esc key from your computer.
- Then, back up the BIOS by clicking on the Backup or Save option.
- After that, enable your BIOS update tool. To do it at first, go to the Boot tab and see if the USB flash drive shows up, enable any backup or “Flash” options in the menu, and then select the Start Flash option from the Advanced tab. Then, click on the update option from the appearing menu on your screen.
- After, completing all the steps which are mentioned before then, you need to allow your computer to update your BIOS
Solution 3: Run a Scan Disk
You can get rid of the problem by applying the scan disk operation. To do it go through the steps
To run a ScanDisk operation.
For Windows 7
If you are windows 7 users then, try the under mentioned steps.
- To do it at first double-click on My computer option
- After that, you need to highlight the local hard drive by clicking it
- Then, right-click the highlighted local drive and click on the Properties option
- At the next step, you have to click on the Tools tab and then, select the Check Now option that, will help you to check the drive for errors.
- After, completing all the steps which are mentioned before, restart your computer and run the Scan Disk
For Windows 10
Windows 10 users follow the steps which are written in the undergoing section.
- At first, you need to open the File Explorer option. You can do it while pressing the Windows key +E both at the same time from your keyboard.
- After that, click on the “This PC” option which you can find in the left navigation pane of the File Explorer window
- Then, you have to right click on the right side of the Window from the Devices and Drives section from the drive which you wanted to scan and select the Properties
- Now, select the Tools tab from the Properties Window
- At the next step, click on the check option that, you can find Under the Error-checking section
- At the next step, click on the scan driver in the Error-checking window. And check if the problem is resolved or not.
So, this was all about the possible solutions that can help you to fix the problem with ASUS error code 40. Follow the simple steps to get rid of the issue instantly. If you have any more queries regarding ASUS laptop issues then, you can visit our website to know the details.