While playing videos in AOL you might receive the notification won’t play or the video can’t be opened. Sometimes, the screen turns black or you can hear the audio only. In many cases, you will only receive the notification which roughly translates to the file cannot be opened. There are various reasons due to which you cannot play videos in AOL. One of the prominent reasons of this issue is the problem with the network. Thus, we are going to discuss the simple ways to resolve AOL videos won’t play.
Apparent reasons for AOL videos not playing
The apparent reasons for AOL videos not playing are as follows:
- Due to the presence of the cache and cookies.
- If you are using an outdated browser then you might face this issue.
- Due to the problem in the browser in which you are trying to play AOL videos, then you might face this issue.
Efficient ways to Fix AOL videos won’t play
The efficient ways to fix the AOL videos won’t play issue are listed as follows:
- Updating the browser.
- Resetting the browser.
- By resetting the internet connection.
- Allowing the Adobe Flash player on the site.
- At first, open the browser and click on the menu from the right-hand top corner of the browser.
- After that, choose the option Settings from the list and then click on Advanced.
- Then, click on Content Settings from Privacy and Security.
- Now, try to play the video and check whether the issue is resolved.
Updating the browser
Follow the guidelines to update the browser:
- Open the browser and click on Menu.
- Then, choose the option to update the browser to download the updates.
- After that, install the updates and restart the browser.
Resetting the browser
Go through the guidelines to update the browser:
- At first, open the browser and then choose the option More from the top right corner.
- After that, click on Settings and further on go for the Advanced option.
- Next, click on Reset and reload the browser.
By resetting the Internet Connection
Follow the steps to reset the internet connection:
- At first, power off your computer and unplug the modem or turn off the router in case, you are using a wireless internet connection.
- After 60 seconds, plug in the modem back to your computer and power on your computer.
- Now, try to play video and check if the issue is resolved.
Allowing the Adobe Flash player on the site
Go through the guidelines to allow the Adobe Flash player on the site:
- At first, select the browser to open it.
- After that open the AOL website and click on the lock symbol which is present at the address bar.
- Then choose the Arrows from the right of Flash.
- Next, click on Always allow on this site and reload the page.
Thus by following the aforesaid methods, you can resolve the issue effectively.
Resolving this issue is not a difficult task. Hence, go through all the methods one by one and resolve the AOL videos won’t play. For any other issues, check our official websites for helpful solutions.