The AOL explorer is amazing software which provides advanced features. It secures the web browser through its enhanced security features. Despite all the amazing features, this software might encounter certain technical glitches. Among all such breaches, “AOL browser problems” draws the maximum attention. This problem mainly occurs due to improper installation of AOL desktop or due to corrupted HDD. So, if you are one of those, who are currently facing this issue then this article will surely guide you. In this content, we will discuss all the probable causes and effective solutions to resolve the issue, at the earliest.
Probable Causes of AOL Browser Problems
There are several causes that can lead to AOL browser issues. The first cause might be due to improper installation of any software file. Secondly, this issue can also appear due to corruption in the HDD or the fault in the software files. A virus or malware attack also result in this issue at times. However, this issue can be resolved without much hassle. In the next section, you get to explore all the effective hacks of fix AOL browser problems.
Effective Hacks to Fix AOL Browser Problems
Here are some effective hacks to fix the AOL browser problem. Follow the hacks mentioned below:
Method 1: Scan your System with an Antivirus Software
Use a reliable antivirus program to scan all the critical files on your computer system. This can help to fix all the malware attacks and eliminate virus risk from your computer. Further, it can help you to resolve any AOL browser problems. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Turn on your computer and click on the antivirus icon.
- In the Antivirus’ main menu, click on “Open” and select ‘Device Security’.
- Now, click on “Full system scan”, below the “Scan And Task Menu” right under the “Scan” tab.
Once the scan starts, wait until the process gets complete. The entire scanning process might take about an hour to complete, so be patient.
Method 2: Remove Corrupted or Damaged Files from your Computer
This method is considered to be one of the most important ways to fix AOL browser problems. All you need to do is remove all the possibly damaged and corrupted files. To remove the damaged file from your computer, follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows key and the X key, at the same time. This will open the SFC tools, choose the “Command Prompt (Admin)” from that list.
- Now, close all the files and programs and restart your computer. This is the easiest way to boot Windows.
- Log in to the Administrator Account, on your Windows and note all the damaged and corrupted file that you need to delete.
- Once you are done, drag all these files to Recycle Bin and then, clear the Recycle Bin.
Method 3: Uninstall and then Reinstall AOL Desktop
Sometimes, there might be glitches associated with the internal programs of AOL. You need to uninstall the application and then, reinstall it again to fix the issue. Here are some steps to help you with the process.
- Go to the Start Menu from your desktop and navigate to “Settings”.
- Select the “System” option from the settings menu.
- Choose “Apps and Features” from the left pane, on your Window device. Now, select “AOL Desktop” to uninstall the software.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” button. Select “Confirm”, when a pop-up menu appears to continue with the modifications.
- Once you are done with the uninstallation, go to another web browser. Download the recent application of the AOL desktop and install it.
Once you are done with all these methods, restart your computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
In the above content, we have helped you to explore all the probable causes and effective methods to mitigate AOL browser problems. You can try any of the preferable methods or all the methods to escape from this annoying situation.