While using Dell desktops or laptops, the occurrence of some common problems is quite common. But if there is any minor issue then sometimes we need to reset our system as resetting the device often solves the problem. To perform a reset on the system definitely is a great method as it fixes lots of Windows-based issues. But if it not a simple task for you, if you reset your computer for the first time. While resetting the system, users often face several issues. After which, you might not be able to boot into the Windows. Hence, you need to reset the system carefully. If you are tired of searching for how to reset a Dell desktop, then this guide is the best option for you. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some of the easy methods to reset your Dell desktop. Hence, you need to go through the below article.
Some Easy Hacks to Reset Dell Desktop Computer With Ease:
Go through the below steps to know the easy procedure of resetting the Dell Computer. So let’s take a glimpse at the solutions:
Solution 1: Startup Repair
To perform the startup repair, you need to follow the steps given below.
- At first, connect the USB recovery drive with your system.
- Restart the system.
- Hit any key from the keyboard when it prompts to hit any key to drive from the system.
- If it does not say that, then you need to modify the boot order from the BIOS. To perform that, you need to follow the below steps.
- When you restart the system, then you need to hit either F12, F8, Esc or F10 when the logo of the manufacturer seems. You also can check what key to hit because it is stated on the bottom corner of the display when the logo seems. This button varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- After pressing the button, you need to choose the Boot, or BIOS setup utility, or BIOS setup options. This also depends on the manufacturer.
- If you chose the Boot options, then you can see several options to pick from. Select the option ‘Boot from USB’ or ‘Boot from CD/DVD’ depending on what you are practicing.
- If you choose the BIOS Setup, then you need to use the arrow keys from the keyboard to go to the Boot section.
- Go to the Boot order and confirm that your USB recovery disk is on the peak of the order.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
- After that, you have to select the ‘Repair your Computer’ option under the Install Windows page.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Go to the Advanced options.
- Now, hit on the ‘Startup Repair’ option.
Solution 2: Recover from Drive
If you want to know how to factory reset in Dell desktop, then you need to perform this method. For that, you need to follow the below steps.
- At first, you have to connect the USB recovery driver with your system.
- Restart the system.
- When the Windows prompts to hit a key to boot the device, then you need to hit any key from the keyboard.
- Choose ‘Repair your Computer’ option from the Install Windows page.
- Go to the Troubleshoot option and click on it.
- Then, you have to select the Advanced Options.
- Choose the option ‘System Image Recovery’ or ‘Recover from the drive.’
- After that, you need to perform the on-screen instructions.
Solution 3: With the Help of the Command Prompt
You also can reset a Dell desktop by using the Command prompt option. To perform this, follow the steps given below.
- To reset Dell desktop computer with the help of the Command prompt, at first, you need to follow the (I to VI) steps from the Solution 2. Then, perform the steps mentioned below.
- Click on the Command Prompt option.
- Then, you need to type ‘Notepad.’ Now hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- After launching the Notepad Window, go to the File tab and choose the Open option from the list.
- Move the cursor in front of the File Name and choose the option ‘All Files’ (*.*).
- Find the drive letter of the USB (such as D or F) that you are practicing to boot the Windows.
- Go to the Command Prompt Window and type ‘d:.’ Then, hit the Enter key from the keyboard (replace ‘d’ with the drive letter which you saw in step 6).
- Now, you need type Setup and hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
If these solutions do not help to fix your problem, then you need to proceed to the next steps.
If the above solutions do not provide you any help, then you should follow the below steps.
Before going to this solution, first of all, you need to make copies of all the data like documents, photos and other installed software your computer on your desired location. Because resetting the computer to the factory settings always delete all the data from the hard disk of the computer and everything which you installed earlier.
After backing up your data, you need to restart your system.
When you turn on your system, then you need to hit the F8 from the keyboard. Hold the F8 key until the Windows logo seems. It will drive you to the ‘Advanced Boot Options’ menu.
Choose the option ‘Repair Your Computer.’
Choose the option ‘Dell Factory Image Restore’ or you also can select the ‘Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe’ option. The option depends on the model of your Dell system. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to reformat the hard disk and reinstall the factory settings.
In the above discussion, we have mentioned some easy steps to reset the Dell desktop. We hope that if you successfully perform the above-mentioned steps, then you will definitely reset your system without any help of tech experts.