It is not usual, but sometimes, Windows users encounter some issue with their Norton software. Most of the time, after upgrading the Windows Operating System to the latest version, they find an unusual message on their device. The error message prompted to install the newest version of Norton even after uninstalling the Norton software. When this error message pops up on the display, the users couldn’t access any program on their PC. In that case, users might require some easy tips and tricks to remove Norton Download Manager.
Here, in this post, we are going to discuss the various ways to get rid of the Norton Download Manager from the Windows device. Hence, we suggest you have a look right below:
Easy Ways to Uninstall Norton Download Manager
If you also come across the same problem, then you might need to remove Norton Download Manager. Basically, there are various ways to remove the Norton Download Manager. Thus, you can uninstall Norton Download Manager from your Windows device in the following ways:
- Firstly, from the Windows Start menu
- Secondly, from the Windows Control Panel
- Lastly, from the Windows Start screen (Windows 8 & Windows 8.1)
Note – Before continuing with the uninstallation process, you should figure out which method is completely applicable for your device. And keep in mind that during uninstallation, you can’t access online Help.
Remove Norton Download Manager from Windows Control Panel
- To remove Norton Download Manager from your device, you require to do one of the following as this depends on which version of Windows Operating System you are using.
- From the Windows Taskbar: You need to go to the Start menu and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- In Windows 8: Navigate to the Apps and then, go to the Control Panel that is under the Windows System.
- In Windows 10: Firstly, select the Start button and then, go to the All Apps. After that, navigate to the Control Panel that is under the Windows System.
- Now, in the Windows Control Panel, perform one of the following:
- In Windows XP: At first, double-tap on the Add Or Remove Programs option.
- In Windows Vista: Double-tap on the Programs & Features option.
- In Windows 7and Above: Tap on the Programs and then hit the Programs & Features button.
Now, you need to select the Catagory button that is present in the View By drop-down menu.
- Here, in the list of recently installed programs, do one of the following:
- In Windows 10: Hit the Uninstall A Program option.
- In Windows XP: Simply select the Norton Download Manager and then, tap on the Remove/change option.
- In Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8: Look for the Norton Download Manager. Once you find it, simply click on it and then, choose the Change/Uninstall button.
- After doing the above steps, you need to follow further directions in order to remove the Norton Download Manager.
Alternatively, you can also remove Norton Download Manager form the Start menu by proceeding with the following guidelines. Thus, let us begin:
- On the Windows taskbar, you need to click on Start. After that, click on the All Programs option. Next, select All Apps that is present on the same window. Here, you have to right-click on the Norton Download Manager. Finally, hit the Uninstall Norton Download Manager option.
- Now, if you don’t need to keep the Norton Home Page as your Norton Safe Search and default home page as your default search provider. Then, mark all the checkboxes that pop-ups at the bottom.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the procedure.
How to Get Rid of Norton Download Manager From the StartScreen in Windows 8/8.1?
Also, you can also get rid of the Norton Download Manager from the Start menu. But, this process is only applicable if you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. Hence if you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 then, it can a reliable way to remove Norton Download Manager from your device.
- Firstly, you need to go to the Start screen and then, find the Norton Download Manager. Once you find it, simply tap on it and hit the Uninstall button.
- Now, you will find a list of the recently installed program on your display screen, thus, simply click on the Norton Download Manager and then, press the Change/Uninstall option.
- Once you are done, simply follow the further guidelines in order to complete the uninstallation process.
Note – Remember, until you restart your PC, the Norton Download Managers won’t completely uninstall from your device.
When we wrap up the short discussion, we hope that you have been proactive on the receiving end and have a thorough grasp over the solutions, which would come handy. On this note, let’s conclude and see you in our next post. Moreover, if you have any confusion regarding how to remove the Norton Download Manager, then you can post your doubts in the feedback section below. On the other hand, you can also take expert assistance for ultimate help.