A macro virus is a mini software program that restricts users to use Microsoft office products. When the micro virus will infect the computer, it mainly tries to find similar files and infects them too. A macro virus can infect any running operating systems, even if the programs under macOS and Linux
Is it harmful? Let’s find out. The macro virus infects the device but it does not really damage the system files. But, it can make changes to the files that are associated through the Word or Excel program.
Whatever be the reason or effect, you should remove the odds at the earliest. This article will give a possible solution to eliminate Macro virus. Read the below-mentioned methods carefully to get rid of the Macro virus from Excel or Word in the Windows system.
Easy Methods to Remove Macro Virus
The steps discussed below will help you to remove the Macro virus. Try not to skip any steps in order to avoid any further problems.
Method 1: Run an Antivirus Program
In order to remove the macro virus from the device, you can run the antivirus software in your computer. Running a deep scan will help you to fix the issue completely in the Word or Excel.
Follow these steps:
- First, make sure that you have installed the antivirus program in the device.
- Next, you have to scan the whole device for detecting the macro virus program. Tap on “Confirm” to complete the scan process.
This will essentially help you to detect the causative file or folder. Simply delete them to remove the virus-infected files.
Method 2: Repair the Microsoft Office
If you find that the Microsoft Office is still not working, you have to remove the macro virus. Thus, you have to repair the Office package and for that, you have to go through these sim[ple steps:
- You have to first, go to the Start button in Windows.
- Write “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Tap on the “Control Panel” option from the searched results.
- Next, you have to find the “Uninstall a program” option from the list of all the installed programs.
- Now, try to navigate to the “Microsoft Office” from the installed programs and click on the Change option.
- A dialog box will open after that, choose the “Repair” option from that tab.
- You have to click on “Continue” to complete the process.
When the process ends you will note that corrupted files are repaired. Otherwise, you can remove it manually from Word and Excel as well.
Method 3: Remove the Macro Virus from Word Manually
You can simply remove the macro virus from the device manually and for that, you have to go through these simple processes.
Hold the Shift and then on the Word icon, it will help you to open the file. This will help you to open the Word program in the Safe Mode. Besides, it will help the Word program to prevent the macro virus from running.
Method 4: Remove the Macro Virus from Excel
In order to remove the macro virus from the Windows system, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you have to tap on the “ Alt and F11” key together to run the VBA Editor tab.
- Next, you will find the “Project Explorer” option in the Editor tab.
- Right-click on the module that you have to remove from the device. After that, an Excel Context Menu will appear on the screen.
- Select the “Remove” option from the Excel Context menu
- Now, you will find the module name, and remove the Macro virus from the system.
- If you want to export the module before removing it, you have to click on “NO”.
- Now, close the VBA editor to finish the process.
Method 5: Stop the Macro virus Related Process
If you are facing macro virus related issues in the Word or Excel, stop the process from the task Manager. And for that, you have to follow these easy steps:
- You have to right-click on the Taskbar and then select the “task manager” option.
- Select the “Task Manager” option and select the Processes tab.
- Next, you have to find the “Micro virus” from the list of processes.
- Now, choose the Microsoft Office program. And next, you have to click on the “End Task” button.
- Choose the “unis000.exe, MacroVirus.exe, Launcher.exe,” file names from that, and now you have to tap on the “End Task” button to end the process.
Method 6: Disable DLL files
You can also eliminate the macro virus by disabling the DLL files that are loaded in the device. And for that, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- First, you have to go to the Start button.
- You have to write “Command Prompt” in the Search box below.
- Select the “Command prompt” option from the searched result.
- Now, you have right-clicked on the Command Prompt and run administrator as well.
- Get access to the Windows Directory by using the Command Prompt option.
- Now, you have to disable the “sqlite.dll, python24.dll, msvcr71.dll, and msvcp.dll files” from the computer.
- Now, go to the System 32 folder. You will find the Windows Directory option. Search for the DLL files and remove them.
Method 7: Remove the Faulty Registry Entries
If you want to remove the macro virus from the Computer, you can also try to remove the registry entries. Simply follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows and R key together to open the Run box.
- You have to write “Regedit” in the Run box. Now, you have to hit the Enter button to open the Registry Editor.
- Now, you have to go to the left panel of the “Registry Editor”. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the Registry Editor tab.
- From that tab, remove the “SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Uninstall \MacroVirus_isl” key.
- Now, you have to find the HKEY_CURRENT_USER to remove the below-mentioned keys:
- Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion \Run “MacroVirus”
- Software \MacroVirus \MacroVirus \Settings
- And, Software \MacroVirus \MacroVirus \RegInfo
- Software \MacroVirus \MacroVirus
- Software \MacroVirus command
Once you are done with removing the following keys it is recommended that you scan the device. This will help you to understand if you have successfully removed the macro virus from the device.
These are the most effective solutions to get rid of the Macro virus from Word and Excel. If you have any queries share them through the comment section below.