Mackeeper can be very difficult to handle it once it infects the device. Thus, it is very important to protect the Mac device from such a virus as it tends to be a recurring problem for the users.
Mackeeper is mainly a software program that is recently described as a scam. This kind of virus can erase all the files and as well all the backups and other important files from the device.
If once Mackeepr virus infected the device, it will slow down the performance of the entire system. So, we will recommend to every Mac user that, it will be better if they uninstall or remove the Mackeeper program from their device.
If you have decided to uninstall or remove the Mackeeper from the device, this article will give you the easiest solutions. Just follow the methods that are mentioned in this guide to get through such an error issue.
3 Easy Methods to Remove Mackeeper Virus
In order to remove the Mackeeper virus from the Mac device, you have to go through these steps.
The first and foremost solution to get rid of the Mackeeper virus is to follow these simple steps:
- Search for the “Mackeper” app from the Applications folder.
- Next, you have to go to the Mackeeper menu and then choose the “Preferences” option from there.
- Go to the “General Tab” and untick the “Show Mackeeper” icon from the menu bar.
You will be able to remove the Mackeeper virus from Mac. Finally, restart the device to see if the problem is still there.
Method 2: Uninstall the Mackeeper from the Mac Device
Uninstalling the Mackeeper application will be the best option to protect the system. And for that, you have to follow the following steps.
- First, you have to go to the Applications folder on the Mac device.
- You have to drag the Mackkeper app to the Trash icon.
- Now, you will be instructed to put the administrator’s password.
- Enter the password and click on the “OK” option.
- After clicking “Ok” the Mackeeper app will relocate the app to the trash.
- A pop-up window will appear after that. It will ask you if you are sure that you want to uninstall the Mackepper app from the device.
- You have to click on “OK” to finish the process.
How to Uninstall the Older Version of Mackeeper?
If you don’t have the recent version of Mackeeper and still you encounter the virus then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- You have to start by quitting the app. In some cases, you might require help from Mac’s ability to force quit an app.
- Once you are done, you can proceed by dragging the app in the Trash icon.
- Now, you have to check the exact locations for the Mackeeper app and the files and folders that are related to it.
- You can simply find those files and folders from the go-to folder menu. Otherwise, you can simply avail the Finder window to search for those folders.
- Now, you have to go to the Mac menu bar first and then select the Spotlight icon.
- When the Spotlight search tab will open, you have to enter the location “~/Library/Application Support” and hit the Enter key.
(Note: Don’t hit the Enter button when the process is going)
- The spotlight will automatically find the folders and display the contents on the left side of the panel.
- Scroll through the list to find the: ~/Library/Caches folder.
- You have to find the Mackeeper and the files and folders that are related to Mackeeper. Hit the Enter button to open the folders in the Finders window.
- The Finder will open after that, drag the Mackeeper files to the trash.
After following the above steps, you will be able to remove the Mackeeper virus by just uninstalling it from the device.
This article will give you the most effective solutions to get rid of the Mackeeper virus from the Mac device. Hope you find this article helpful. If you have any queries, you can share that in the comment section.