When the PC is infected with a heuristic virus, then you can face multiple technical flaws on it. Thus, when you try to connect the system to the internet, you often get stuck with unexpected connectivity problems.
Moreover, the system file gets corrupted due to this annoying issue. Even, system freezing issues are quite common for the affected users. In the case of a severe issue, the virus stops you to get secure access to the installed apps.
Using multiple antivirus software simultaneously is responsible for this harmful virus attack. Again, outdated system security software and corrupted system files trigger the problem quite often.
However, you can eliminate the Heuristic virus by following this article and in case of further assistance, don’t forget to consult with an expert for quick help.
3 Important Steps for How to Remove the Heuristic Virus Quickly
You need to follow the steps mentioned below to delete the Heuristic virus from your PC. Here, we are going to explain the steps sequentially. So, try them out and remove the virus very easily.
Step 1: Restart the System in Safe Mode
It is the fundamental step to ensure that your system is infected with Heuristic virus. Moreover, you can easily identify the corrupted files that are responsible to degrade the performance of your PC. So, take a look below and identify the culprit files immediately.
- Reboot the system and choose the Troubleshooting option when the full-screen menu appears on the display.
- Now, click on the Advanced Options and go to Startup Settings from the sub-menu.
- Hit the Restart button from the resultant window and wait for a few seconds until the next screen appears.
- Next, a menu with several numbers of startup options is displayed and you need to choose the Safe Mode. However, you can also select “Safe Mode with Networking” instead of Safe mode.
- After that, you will see that the System runs faster than normal mode. It is a sign of a Heuristic virus-infected system.
- Therefore, you need to identify the virus-infected files and follow the next step.
Step 2: Delete the Junk Files
After locating the virus infected files, the next step is to remove them accordingly. This reduces the chances of virus threats effectively. To delete the temporary files from the PC follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and open the Settings window.
- Now, click on System from the Settings window and choose Storage from the left panel of that window.
- After that, go to the Local Disk and tap the Temporary files option from that section.
- Next, choose the temporary files which are Heuristic infected and hit the Remove files button on the same window.
- The step will take several minutes to complete the entire task and the computer gets free spaces for installing more important files.
- Finally, go to the Recycle Bin and delete those temporary files to speed up the system completely.
If you face any threats during this process, then connect with a professional for reliable help.
Step 3: Download Antivirus and Run a Secure Scan
It is the final but the most important step to remove the Heuristic virus effect from the device.
- Download a system security software from a trusted website and then open the downloaded folder.
- Now, double-tap on the setup file and run it on your system. Don’t turn off the computer until you get a successful installation message.
- After a successful installation, try to open the software and click on the Scan for Virus option.
- Next, select the Full Scan or Quick Scan from the Scan Type section of the Scan Dashboard as per your requirements.
- After that, confirm the scanning process by tapping the YES button on your system.
- The security software will identify the virus-infected files.
- Tap on the Remove/Delete button to remove the affected files
- At last, reboot and scan your system by that antivirus software to ensure that the virus has been removed permanently.
An Alternative Method: Uninstall Multiple Antivirus Software
Many times, installing multiple system security software creates a major problem to perform a security scan. Therefore, the chances of virus attacks get maximum. So, uninstall unnecessarily antivirus software and remove the Heuristic virus issue with ease.
- Type “control” in the Cortana Search box and click the Control Panel icon to launch the window.
- Now, choose Programs and Features from the Control Panel screen.
- Then, click on Uninstall a Program link and you will get a queue of applications that are already installed on your PC.
- Look for the antivirus that you want to remove and its installer as well as other associated files.
- Right-click on them one by one and choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
- After that, confirm the process by tapping the YES button on the resultant dialog box.
- Finally, reboot the system and avoid further malware issues effectively.