It has become quite easier to handle payroll, inventory, sales and other business needs with the help of QuickBooks. Quickbook is basically a set of software solutions that can provide all sorts of marketing solutions and services. The Quickbooks product includes the Simple Start Plus Pack, Quickbooks Pro, Quickbooks Premier Contractor and many more. Despite being a specialized accounting software, it also gets into trouble due to some technical issues. One of the most common problems is to face the QuickBooks com error.
Recently, many of the QuickBooks users complained that their device is crashing down without saving the work. One can get Crash: Com error when he/she is trying to access email invoices, transactions, or banking reports. So, if you’re also having the same problem with your QuickBooks, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll get to know about QuickBooks crash com error and how to solve it properly.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Com Error
There are various reasons due to which one might come across QuickBooks crash com error on their device. Generally, during transactions like PO, SO, Vendor Invoice, sending forms, printing reports, updating Windows this kind of error occurs. Again, sometimes if the user may face this issue while working with the email system of QuickBooks. Thus, if you’re experiencing the com error on your QuickBooks, then it’s high time to take the necessary steps to fix it.
However, here are some of the common causes for QuickBooks com error:
- Incomplete or not installing the QuickBooks software correctly is the primary reason.
- Also, a virus or Malware affect on the Windows or QB program records.
- Accidentally deleting QB related files or documents can cause this issue as well.
Learn To Fix QuickBooks Com Error: Relevant Solutions
Don’t feel hopeless if you can’t figure out the solutions to QuickBooks crash com error. In this section, you’ll get all the answers you need to fix this problem. So, let us begin with the troubleshooting measures to solve the com error issue:
Solution 1: Update Outlook And Set It As Default Mail App
- Go to Outlook and click on File from the top menu bar. Then, click Office Account and under that select Update Options> Update Now.
- When the update is over, go to the Control Panel and then click on Default Programs> Set your default programs.
- Now, you need to select the MS Outlook from the Programs list. After that, click ‘Set this program as default’ option.
- At last, click OK to finish the process.
Solution 2: Add Email Account To MS Outlook
- Launch the MS Outlook and go to File menu.
- Then, click on Add Account to start the setup.
- Now, insert the email address you want to add and select Connect.
- Outlook will take some time to connect to the right server and then select Connect.
- Next, type the password you use to log in to your email account and click OK.
Again, select OK to complete the process.
Solution 3: Change Outlook Mail Settings
- First, open Control Panel and go to Mail. Then, select Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Mail Setup page, click on Show Profile.
- If the Outlook is already set as default, then avoid the next step.
- If you find ‘always use this profile’ is already selected, then select ‘prompt for a profile to be used’ and then click Apply.
- Change the selection back to ‘always use this profile’ option, then select Apply.
- Finish the method by clicking on OK.
Solution 4: Create New Outlook Email
- Shut down the MS Outlook on your device.
- Now, open Control Panel and click on Mail.
- Choose Show Profiles under the Mail Setup window and click on Add button.
- In the Profile Name, enter the name for the profile you want to create and then click OK.
- Follow the on-screen directions to add an email account to use in your profile.
- Next, click on the drop-down list under ‘Always use this profile’ option. After that, select the newly created profile and click Apply. Click OK to finish.
Solution 5: Run QB In Compatibility Mode
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties from the menu.
- In the new window, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box against ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’.
- Then, select Windows 7 from the drop-down list.
- Now, check the option ‘Run this program as an Administrator’.
- At last, select Apply and click OK to finish. This will fix the QuickBooks com error on your device.
Therefore, following the above methods carefully you’ll be able to fix the QuickBooks crash com error perfectly. Best of luck.