Whenever you send a document for printing, every time you might come across an error message showing “printer is in an error state”. As a result, it causes various issues thereby hampering your work. Well, there are several reasons due to which you can confront hp printer is in an error state error. At times, when you have updated your system from a previous version to the latest Windows 10, there are chances that you might face this error. However, there is nothing to get panicked. This article will guide you the most to fix this particular error quickly.
Reasons To Encounter Printer is in an Error State HP Trouble:
Several reasons are there due to which you can come across this typical error with your device. They are listed below.
- If you have not turned on your printer and connect it to your PC using Wifi or cable then you can encounter this error.
- Secondly, you can also encounter this error due to low paper or low ink error.
- The paper jamming issue can be another reason to come across this error.
As you are aware of the causes for this error, now, let’s see the fixes for it.
Fixes to Resolve Printer is in an Error State Trouble
Here are some easy fixes, using which you will be able to resolve this error n a quick note. Try to follow them whichever looks convenient for you.
Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter
When you encounter “printer is in an error state” message on your device, then the first thing you can do is run a troubleshooter. In that case, try to follow these steps to run the troubleshooter and resolve the error at the earliest
- Before you start, you have to be sure that you have connected your printer into a wall socket and it is connected with the power supply to be in the On state.
- Once you are done, you need to check the USB connection or the Wireless connection whichever you are using as per your printer model.
- If this error persists then try to run the printer troubleshooter. In order to do so, you need to download it from the official website using a browser which is currently in use. Select the Open option and follow the steps which are provided in this troubleshooter.
Method 2: Install a new Printer Driver
In case, if you won’t be able to fix this typical error, then it can happen that, your printer needs a new driver. In that case, try out these steps:
- First of all, you need to right click on the start button as well as you have to select the “Device Manager”.
- After that, tap on the option which is “Expand Printers” and locate your printer in the list.
- Once you are done with the steps, you have to right click on it and select the update driver button.
In this way you will be able to fix this typical error on your own.
Method 3: Check Wi-Fi or Cable
After completing previous methods, if you are still getting this error, then the probable reason might be the printer itself. In that case, you have to be sure about that, your printer is turned on and you have connected it to your PC. Also, check the connection of your printer.
Method 4: Choose “Use Printer Online” Option
In case, if you notice that your HP printer is in the offline state, then you have to follow the below steps to make it online. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to tap on the “Windows + X” at the same time and navigate to the “Control Panel” as well as, tap on the “Devices and printers” option.
- Once done, you have to tap on the printer.
- In case, if you notice that your printer is offline, then it will show you an option which is “Offline”.
- In case, if your printer is online, then, it will show you “Ready “.
- If the printer is offline, then you have to set it to online.
- Once you are done, you have to right click on the printer and then select “Use Printer Online”.
- Now, you will be able to see that the display will be changed to the “Ready”. Which means your printer is in the online state.
Hopefully, it will resolve this error.
Method 5: Update Printer Driver
You can also update your printer driver in order to resolve this particular error with your device. On that note, try to follow the steps :
- Firstly, you have to go to the search bar and search for “Update device driver”.
- Now, navigate to a new window. Where you will be able to see a list of installed drivers.
- After that, you have to locate your printer driver and update it.
- Once you are done with the update process, then you have to check the status of the error. If it persists, then try to follow the alternative method.
Method 6: Make Sure That the Paper is Loaded
You can also encounter this typical glitch if you have not loaded your paper on the printer tray. Before performing this step, you have to be sure that your printer is turned off. Again, you have to turn on your printer and wait until your printer is in the ready state. Once done, you have to check the status of the error. This time you will be able to fix this error.
Method 7: Check whether Your Device is in an Unspecified State
If you are getting this error even after updating Windows 10, then you have to go to the start button and then head over to the Settings option.
Once done, you have to go to the Devices and locate Printers & scanners.
From the Devices and printers, you have to go to the related settings.
Now you need to scroll down the list of devices to check if your printer name and the icon appears in the Unspecified section or not.
Here are some effective hacks using which you will be able to resolve this particular error on a quick note. If you are aware of any other steps which can resolve this error, then you can also inform us. You can also provide your valuable feedback to us. Stay tuned for more posts.