Dell Printers are one of the best printing products for getting high quality and unique printing experience. It’s an advanced and exciting built-in feature helps the user to get a result which is beyond their expectation. In addition, Dell printer is designed with the internal security features to fix some basic problems without on its own. This particular security function not only capable to diagnose and troubleshoot printing glitches but also have the capability of detecting any hardware and software related errors. If any internal issue occurs Dell internal security features will identify the problem and show it in the device screen. Moreover, it also helps the user to identify the root of the problem and fix it quickly without wasting time, going through numerous basic fixing methods. But there are still some errors available which cannot be fixed by software and need some manual/physical interaction to fix the problem.
In this article, we have gathered information about the common Dell printer error codes and their solution and tried to put all of them under the same roof. Hence, a user doesn’t have to look for a different website whenever they face a new error code every time.
List of the Common Dell Printer Error Codes and Their Solution
Dell printers errors are easy to troubleshoot if you follow the proper method in a systematic way. Most of them require less time and effort to resolve them effectively. So let’s check out the common Dell laser printer error codes and their effective solution.
(Note: In this article, we only provides solutions for the error codes which are seen in every series of Dell printer. For example, Error Code 010-377 is one of the common problems which can be seen in the Dell 3130 printer error codes list as well as Dell 3115cn printer error codes list. So you can use the same troubleshooting method to remove the problem in both devices)
Error Code: 004-332
This type of error code indicates that you need to restart the printer again to fix the problem. If the restarting the printer does not solve the problem then check if toner cartridges are seated in the proper position and make sure that they are locked in their position otherwise it can also cause the Error Code 004-332 problem.
Error Code: 016-370
When you see this particular error code, switch off the printer and connect it with a USB cable.
After connecting it, press the Hold and Cancel button simultaneously and then power on the printer again. Completing the following step will display a notification in the LCD screen, ‘ready for download mode’. Once you have seen the notification you need to initialize the firmware update process.
Error Code: 009-360
This particular error code only displays when the Dell laser printer recognize the yellow toner as missing. This problem can occur when the toner is remanufactured with a different chip. In this case, you can even replace the Dell toner with a new one to solve the problem. If you don’t know how to change the cartridge then please follow the below steps carefully:
- At first, switch off your printer and press the release button (look at the right side of the printer) to lower the front cover.
- Then pull the blue handle to remove the toner and drum as a single unit and then press the button on the imaging drum. Once you press the button you will be able to separate the parts of the toner cartridge.
- Now unpack the new toner cartridge and shake it to distribute the toner evenly.
- Next, install the new toner by aligning the white rollers on the toner cartridge. You can take the help of the arrow indication marked on the imagine drum track and then push then it carefully into the place.
After following the setup insert the unit into the printer, close the front cover and then switch on the printer. This is one of the major problems in the Dell 5210n printer error codes list and can be solved using the above method.
Error Type: Not Printing Black Text
This problem only occurs when there is something wrong with the power supply. So in this case, you have to check if the I/O cable is properly connected or if other connection is in place or loosen. If all the connection looks properly feet in the position then try to replace the power supply cable or try to plug in the printer in other power outlets.
Error Notification: Print head Error
When the printhead is not properly cleaned after heavy usages, this particular error code can pop up and cause disturbance during the printing process. An unclean error head can block the ink which affects the printer’s performance as well as the quality of the print. So, the best process to avoid this problem is to keep printers head clean manually in a weekly basis or regular basis (in case of heavy usage) with the help of isopropyl alcohol, water, and paper towels.
In some latest Dell printer, you will also get the option of self-cleaning overhead so you can simply take the help of the software to keep your printer’s overhead clean. Here is the complete guide on how to look for the built-in cleaning software and how to use it.
- Press the Windows Key and type control panel in the search bar.
- Now open the control panel and click on the View Devices and Printers option
- After that, select the link below the Hardware and Sound Heading.
- Next, open the printer’s menu and right-click on the printing device and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu to proceed to the next step
- Now from the properties window click on the hardware or maintenance tab to open the device function. (In some printing device self-cleaning option can be found in the More Options or Tools tab).
- From the device function list select the Cleaning or Clean Heads or Clean Cartridges (depend on the device) option.
- Next, simply follow the on-screen prompts to start the self-cleaning process.
Error Code: 1200
Error code 1200 occurs when the cartridge is not properly fixed in its position. Due to this reason, your printer’s cartridge starts moving front and back and slamming against the printer. To fix this problem, you only have to tighten the strings located on the back of the printer. Once you are done, your printer will start working fine as before.
Error Message: Parallel Port May Be Used by Another Application
“Parallel port may be used by another application” error message occurs when you are trying to make a second scanning operation while running the first one. To fix this problem try downloading the printer driver according to your specific operating system. Otherwise, you can set a different parallel port in the BIOS.
Error Code: 010-377:
Error Code 010-377 occurs when something goes wrong with the fuser in your Dell printer. If you ever face this problem then you can try to reset the fuser to fix the problem correctly. Here is the quick guide on how to reseat the fuser.
- At first, turn off the printer and wait for 30 minutes before removing the fuser.
- Next, raise the latch on the handle of the right-hand cover.
- Now hold both handles of the installed fuser and pull it out and replace it with a new one.
- After that swing the right end of the fuser assembly into the printer machine.
- Next, insert the right notch into the holder and push it gently until you hear a click sound.
Upon completing the above step check if the problem is fixed or resolved.
Error Message: Paper Jam Tray 1 and Tray 2
Paper Jam Error in printers, in general, appears when a debris piece of paper stuck inside it. To fix this error, you need to clean the printing path by physically opening the printer’s door. Remove any piece of papers that are stuck inside the printer.
This is all for Dell printer error codes. If we overlook any common Dell laser printer error codes then please let us know. We will try to include it in our article as soon as possible. Also if you are facing the same problem after using our method then we will recommend you to connect an experienced professional for better guidance.