If you get frustrated with the no sound windows 10 issues after performing an update with your system, then try to focus on the article. It consists of several guidelines as well as some reasons to encounter this issue which will guide you for further. So, let’s start the process.
Due to multiple reasons, you can encounter this kind of errors with your Windows 10.For instance-
• Outdated Sound Driver- If you are using an updated version of Windows but an outdated version of the Sound driver then you can face this kind of errors with your Windows System.
• Speaker Error- If the internal speaker of your computer system fails to perform its own work then you can come across with this error.
As you get the causes behind the error, now let’s focus on the solutions mentioned below.
Here, experts have provided more than one hacks to troubleshoot this issue. Try to follow the steps as mentioned below.
You can encounter this error due to wrong speaker settings. On that note, try to check the speaker settings using the steps mentioned below.
1. At first, find the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the desktop.
2. Now Find and click the Playback devices option.
3. You will get into the playback tab.
4. In this tab check the green tick against the speakers. It means that you are using your speakers as your default sound device.
5. If you can’t find that tick then set the speakers as default. In this case, click the set default, then click on the OK.
6. If you have set your device as default but can’t hear anything then try some other steps mentioned below.
7. Click on the Speaker and then go to the properties option.
8. Now, go to the advanced tab and in the Default Format section.
9. Now, try to select a different depth and then click on the Test option.
10. Now, click on the OK.
Now try to play some music, if the error persists then try to focus on the next method given below.
You can also use the external sound device. In that case, try to connect some external sound device like headphones or bluetooth sound devices. If you face the same error then try to focus on the next method given below.
If you are using an outdated version of the sound driver then try to update it to overcome this issue on your own. In that case, try to focus on the steps mentioned below.
1. Firstly, go to the Start option and invoke to the search option.
2. In the search box type Device Manager and hit Enter to continue.
3. You can see search results find device manager from that list.
4. Now, expand the category to find your sound device name and place a right click on it.
5. Now, select ‘Update Driver’ option. For instance- If you want to update sound card drivers then you can find it on the Sound driver category and right click on it to continue.
6. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
If your device can’t find the latest device drivers then try to go to the manufacturer’s website to download the latest version.
If the error persists after performing this method then try to focus on the next method given below.
You can also try to reinstall Audio drivers to troubleshoot this issue. To start the installation process, at first try to uninstall the audio driver for your device. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. On your keyboard press windows + X at the same time to open the quick access menu.
2. Now click on the Device Manager.
3. In the device manager expand Sound video and game controllers.
4. Now, right click on the sound card and click on the uninstall.
5. Confirm the uninstallation process by clicking on OK.
6. Make sure that you have checked the box against Delete the driver software for this device.
After performing this steps you will be able to delete the audio driver from your device.
Now, go to the developers website to install a fresh version of sound card drivers.
After the installation process, you will be able to listen to sounds on your Windows 10.
Hope you have already resolved the issue on your own using the methods. If you face any other errors with your device then you can follow the posts of our website to troubleshoot the issue.