Netgear n600 is one of the most preferable routing devices. After buying this product, you have to perform a setup process with it in order to start using it. If you do not know how to perform the Netgear n600 Router Setup, then let us guide you. This article contains a step by step guidance which will help you out. Try to follow the steps accurately and perform the setup without any hassle.
Netgear n600 Router Setup: Easy Steps
Here are some expert steps using which, you will be able to perform this action on a quick note. The steps are listed below.
- In order to configure your router for the cable internet connection, at first, you have to connect your modem to the internet port of your NETGEAR router as well as your computer to any of the LAN ports.
- Once done, you have to turn on your computer, router, and broadband/cable modem. Now, wait for the time until it finishes the booting up process.
- Once done, you have to navigate to the web browser of your choice and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar which is either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1.
- Now, hit Enter to continue.
- You will be asked to log in to the router using the credentials.
- Here, you have to provide the login credentials. The username is admin and the default password is password.
- Keep in mind that the username and password are case-sensitive.
- If you notice that the default username and password are not working, then, you have to use the password which you might have set earlier. Otherwise, you have to perform a factory reset with your router.
- Now, you have to tap on the Setup Wizard.
- Once done, you will be able to see the setup wizard screen will start.
- Choose the option Yes and tap on Next.
- Now, the setup wizard will start detecting the type of internet connection. In case of the cable internet connections, the setup wizard will be able to detect the Dynamic IP.
- Once done, you have to tap on Next. The router will start saving the changes.
- Take a note that, you don’t have to change the default settings. Otherwise, your internet service provider will provide you some specific DNS information which you have to reconfigure.
- In case you want to check whether you become able to connect to the internet or not, you have to choose the Router Status from the Maintenance section.
- Once done, you have to check the IP Address field, you have to see whether you have a valid IP Address which is not blank or filled with zeroes, such as 0.0.0.0, or not.
In this way, you will be able to complete this task. Try to use this method and perform the setup without any hassle.
These are the steps, using which you will be able to perform the Netgear N600 router setup on your own. Try to follow each and every step and avoid step jump. If you have any further queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Share your thoughts with us.