Netgear is one of the most popular routers of this global market. After buying this product, at first, you have to perform Netgear n300 wifi range extender Setup with it in order to make it run successfully. But if you are not aware of this process, then, you are in the perfect place. In this article, we are going to provide you with the exact steps that you will be able to perform on your own. In that case, try to follow each and every step carefully. So, let’s start with the topic.
Easy steps for Netgear n300 wifi range extender Setup:
Here are some expert provided steps, using which, you will be able to perform this action on your own. They are as follows:
- At first, you have to set the extender in the same room where you have placed your Wifi router.
- Now, be sure about that, you have a proper internet connection which is coming from your main router. Also, you have to be sure about that, your router is WPS capable.
- In order to get the optimal performance, you have to change the security of your router to the WPA2-PSK (AES), as WPS, does not support WEP.
- Once one, you have to plug in the extender to the electrical outlet as well as you have to wait until the Power LED into the solid one.
- In case, if you notice that, it is not turned on, then you have to tap on the On/Off button which is situated on the side panel of the extender.
- Now, you have to tap and hold down the WPS button for about 2 seconds, which is situated on the side panel of the extender. Once done, you will be able to see WPS LED Image will start blinking.
- Now, within the two minutes, you have to tap on the WPS button on your router.
- Once done, you will be able to see the WPS LED on the extender router will turn to solid green. The router link LED will also turn to the solid green. In that case, you will be able to know that, your extender is connected to the main network.
Next, you have to move the extender to the preferred location and be sure about that, it is on between the router and the wireless devices to get a good signal.
- After this, you will be able to connect your wireless device to the extenders new SSID.
- Now, the name of the extender’s wireless network name (SSID) is changed to the existing WiFi network name. In case, it will end with the ‘_EXT’ extension.
Existing WiFi Network name (SSID): XYZ (Your customized name)
New Extender WiFi Network name (SSID): XYZ_EXT
In that case, take note that, if your device contains a WPS feature. So, you have to hold down the WPS button. You will be able to find it in the extender and within 2 minutes. In addition, you have to tap and hold the WPS button in your wireless device to instantly connect them without providing the wireless password.
Here is some expert provided solutions, use it, you will be able to perform Netgear n300 wifi range extender Setup in an easy note. Hence, try to follow each and every step carefully. In that case, try to avoid step jumping. So, if you encounter any glitch while setting up your router, then, you can inform us via your valuable comments. On that note, we are concluding this post and see you in the next one.