Netgear Genie is a computer or desktop software or application which you can use on both the Windows and iOS computer. It is used to manage the Netgear routers. Furthermore, it is also used to repair and control the routers. But, to use this software you have to download the application and then, set up before you log in to this software. Thus, we are going to provide the methods for Netgear login.
Procedure for Netgear Genie login
To download the Netgear Genie go through the steps:
- Open the browser.
- Then on the address bar type ‘Netgear Genie software download’.
- Now, download the setup file or the ‘.exe’ file on the computer.
- Then, open ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’ and then, open the ‘C-Drive’.
- Now, locate the downloaded setup file.
- Then, double click it to install.
Steps to Setup the Netgear Genie
Go through the steps to set up the Netgear Genie on your computer:
- At first, open the browser on the computer.
- Then, on the address of the Netgear type the IP address ‘192.168.1.1’ and press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Now, the Netgear page will appear.
- Go and select the option now ‘I want to configure the internet connection myself’ and select ‘Next’.
- Next, select the option ‘Yes’ when prompted.
- Then provide the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ and then log in to the page.
- Now choose the option ‘Internet’ and then select the option ‘Next’ to continue.
- Next, provide the ISP username and the password, and select ‘Next’ to continue.
- Now if you want to change the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’, then select ‘Wireless’.
- Then select the router name and change the username and password.
- After then select the option ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
Steps for Netgear Genie Default login
The steps for the genie login are as follows:
- At first, connect the router to the computer and then open the internet browser at first.
- Then on the address bar of the browser type the address ‘http://www.routerlogin.net’ or ‘http://www.routerlogin.com’
- After the login page appears on the computer provide the ‘Username’ and the ‘Password’.
- Then, log in to the Netgear genie page.
Problems faced while logging in to Netgear Genie
While you are logging in to the Netgear Genie you can face some certain problem. The most common problems which you might face while you are logging to it are:
- ‘Password not matching’
- Problem in the password.
Thus, to resolve the issue you have to reset it.
Procedure To Reset The Netgear Genie
The procedure to reset the Netgear Genie is as follows:
- Press the ‘Rest’ key on the back of the Netgear router in which you are facing the issue.
- Then with the help of a pin go for the Reset hole or choose the ‘Restore Factory Settings’.
- After some time release the pin.
- Now the register to the Netgear Genie page and then generate a new ‘Username’ and ‘Password’.
Thus, these are the steps to download, setup, login and hence reset it if needed.
We hope this will help you in setting the Netgear Genie on your computer. For queries related to the Netgear Genie, you can place your queries in the comment section.