Many Windows users frequently report about the issue mouse disappears Windows 10. Basically, the problem occurs when a laptop wakes up from sleep mode. You often try multiple reboots to solve the problem, but every time it fails. In addition, when you upgrade the Windows from the previous version, you might encounter the mouse pointer or cursor has disappeared. This is very frustrating for most of the Windows users.
If you are frequently facing the same issue with the mouse or pointer on Windows 10 devices, then the following solutions might help you out. As here, in this post, we have mentioned some effective ways to help you in order to fix the problem. Therefore, read the article properly and follow each method until you get the correct one.
Overview of Mouse Disappears Windows 10
A lot of Windows 10 users have reported that the mouse disappears Windows 10. The issue usually appears with an outdated or incompatible driver related to the mouse. But proceeding to the fixing methods, you need to ensure that the mouse pointer is enabled.
We hope, if you ever come across the above problems on your Windows 10 devices, you can easily resolve them by yourself. Now, let’s discuss the problem.
How to Troubleshoot Mouse Pointer Disappears Windows 10?
Given that Windows 10 is one of the most compatible Operating Systems to work with, sometime you might face that the mouse pointer disappears Windows 10. You may worry about this situation. Hence, this article will resolve all your worries. We have listed some simplest solutions with which you can easily get out of the mess. Have a quick glance:
Fix 1: Re-enable the Mouse
Most of the times, the problem might arise while upgrading the Windows with the latest version. Due to this, it will make the mouse unusable and the mouse cursor can disappear as well. Therefore, you need to re-enable the mouse cursor in order to make it work again. You can re-enable the mouse cursor by the following two methods.
- If you are using a laptop or desktop, then you can do it by pressing the following key combination from your laptop or desktop keyboard. Hence, press Fn + F3 / F5 / F9 / F11. It varies from laptop to laptop.
You can turn on the mouse from the Mouse Settings option. To perform the action:
- At first, press the Windows key + R together to open the Run dialogue box. In the Run box type ‘mouse’ and hit the Enter button.
- When you press the Enter the button, it will open the Mouse Setting on the system. In the Settings option, choose the Tab key from the laptop’s keyboard until the Additional Mouse option appears on the screen. After that, hit the Enter button to proceed further.
- In the Mouse Properties option, press the Tab key until the Buttons tab appears on the system.
- Now, press the right arrow key until the Device Settings option appears on the screen.
- Check whether your device is turned on or not. If yes, then press the Tab key from the keyboard and when the Enable button has appeared, hit Enter to turn on the device.
After completing the system, check whether the Windows 10 cursor disappear issue still persists or not.
Fix 2: Update the Mouse Driver
An outdated Mouse Driver is also responsible for the disappearing of the pointing cursor. Hence, you need to update the Mouse Driver accordingly. Otherwise, you will frequently confront this situation. To update the driver, follow the steps mentioned in the section:
- Firstly, press the Windows key + R key at the same time to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run window, and then hit the Enter button to open the Device Manager.
- Now, press the Tab key from your keyboard to switch to the device list.
- You can scroll down to ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ option, using the arrow keys. After that, open the Expand option after pressing the right arrow key.
- To select the Mouse Device, you can use the down-arrow key.
- After that, hit the Shift + F10 to open the Context option.
- A drop-down menu wil appear on the system screen. Select Update Driver option and hit the Enter button. After that, just follow the on-screen installation process in order to complete the updates and then check whether the mouse cursor or pointer working properly or not.
The methods listed above will surely benefit you to resolve your doubts regarding the mouse disappears Windows 10 issue. Go through the guidelines in details and fetch the one that suits your requirement.if you need further clarification regarding any process, you can post your doubts in the below comment section.