Microsoft Office Error code 0xc004f074 is the general issue that every Windows user are facing while using it. Normally, after updating to Windows 10 or Windows 8, you must activate your product. Well, most of the users receive an error code 0xc004f074 and cannot continue the activation process of Windows 10 or Windows8. Sometimes, problems may occur due to time or date issues and data synchronization in the system. In some cases, the DNS update can create a problem or if the Operating System is fully infected due to the malware or viruses infection can cause this error. Well, in this article, there are several ways to fix this problem. You must carefully follow the directions below to fix 0xc004f074 as soon as possible.
Easy and Effective Solutions to fix Microsoft Office Activation Wizard Error Code 0xc004f074
We are going to discuss some easy and effective solutions that can help you to fix the Microsoft Office issue on the Windows system. So, without wasting time, here are the steps you need to take to resolve the 0xc004f074 error and activate the product.
Solution 1 – Turn Off and Again Turn On the DNS Host
Sometimes, this error can occur because DNS is not updated or disabled. To turn off provisioning of DNS, you can use the ‘Slmgr.vbs’ script. If you do not know how you can do that, then you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- At first, press the Windows Home button and R key to launch the Run box, write ‘regedit’ and then, tap on the OK option or press the Enter key.
- In the Registry Editor window, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then navigate to the SOFTWARE section.
- In the Software section, go to the Microsoft and then navigate to the Windows NT.
- When the Windows NT section opens, go to the CurrentVersion and then SoftwareProtectionPlatform section.
- Double click on the DisableDnsPublishing folder from the SoftwareProtectionPlatform section.
- In the DisableDnsPublishing folder, set the value 1 to turn Off the DNS publishing and again turn On DNS publishing by changing the value 1 to 0.
Solution 2 – Check the Date and Time
When this issue happens you have to check the date and time, whether it is correct or not.
- Firstly, go to the Taskbar and then tap on the ‘Date and time’ icon.
- In the ‘Date and time’ window, click on the ‘Date and time settings’ option.
- When the ‘Date and time settings’ window opens, go to the ‘Set time automatically’ option and click on the On button. Now, the system will automatically set the date and time on the system.
- Once it is done, reboot the system and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3 – By Using the Slui 3 Command
By using the Slui 3 command you can solve this issue on the system. Try to follow the undermentioned points:
- Press the Windows Home button and along with R key to open the Run box.
- In the Run box, write ‘Slui 3’ and then, hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- In the next window, you can see the system product key. Then, you need to left click on the Activate option.
- After doing this, restart your device and then, check if the error does not persist.
Solution 4 – Run the SFC Scan
Simply full run the SFC scan to troubleshoot this issue on the system.
- In the beginning, go to the Search box, type ‘cmd’ and then, right click on it to open the list. Select ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘SFC/scannow’ and then press the Enter button.
- Once it completes, reboot the system and then, check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 5 – Run the Update and Activation Troubleshooters
This error code normally occurs, as soon as, you install the latest updates on your machine. You can also solve the problem by running the Update Troubleshooter.
- At first, press the Windows button and I key to open the Settings window. Alternatively, go to Search Panel, type ‘settings’ and then press the Enter button.
- When the Settings window opens, go to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- In the ‘Update and Security’ section, tap on the Troubleshoot section from the left side.
- Under the Troubleshoot, navigate to the Windows Update and then, tap on the ‘Run as troubleshooter’ option. Now, the system will start the troubleshooting process.
- Once it is done, reboot your computer and then check if the Microsoft Office works properly without any issue.
Solution 6 – Reinstall the Microsoft Office
Another solution that you can apply to the system to solve this error.
- Go to the Control Panel window from the Start menu list. Alternatively, press the Windows key and R key to open the Run box, type ‘Control Panel’ and then press the Enter button.
- When the Control Panel page, navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- In the ‘Programs and Features’ section, scroll down the page and find the Microsoft Office Application and then right click on it to open the list.
- Tap on the Uninstall option. Now, the system will start to uninstall process.
- Once the uninstall process is done, once again install it from the official website of Microsoft Office. After completing the installation process restart the system and check if the error persists.
Solution 7 – Update the Microsoft Office
Update the Microsoft Office can also help to fix this issue on your device.
- Go to the Microsoft Office and then navigate to the Settings section.
- In the Microsoft Office settings section, go to the Update option. If the update is available then click on the Update option.
- Once the update process is done, reboot the system and then, check if the issue is resolved.
Using our helpful guidelines you will be able to resolve the Microsoft Office Error code 0xc004f074 without any hassle. So, follow the steps carefully and solve this issue on the system.