Nowadays, Lexmark printers are taking a leading role to print your important documents. In this case, after buying a brand new printer, the first thing which you have to perform is the Lexmark printer x5650 Setup. If you are unaware of this particular process, then let us guide you. This article consists of a step by step guide using which you will be able to perform this particular action without any hassle. So, let’s start with the setup process.
Easy Steps for the Lexmark Printer x5650 Setup
Here are some effective steps using which, you will be able to perform the Lexmark printer x5650 setup easier than you can think:
- In order to start the installation process, try to be sure about the wireless network of your printer is working properly.
- You have to be sure about that, the computer which you want to connect is using the same wireless connection.
- Now, in order to set up your printer at first, Try to connect the power cable with the printer and after that, turn on the printer .
- Once done, try to connect the power cable with the printer and make sure that your printer and the computer is turned on and fully ready to print.
- In that case, try not to insert the USB cable and avoid to connect the USB cable until you will be prompted to do the instruction.
- Once done, try to insert the software as well as the documentation CD of the printer.
- In case, if you don’t have the CD, with the help of which you can download the driver as well as the software, then you can use the official website of Lexmark
- Now, open the driver and the software as well as run the application.
- Tap on the option against install, after that, follow the onscreen instructions to the computer screen.
- Now, tap on the Wireless connection, when asked and you have to provide a connection type.
- Once done, from the Configuration dialogue box of the wireless section, you have to choose the guided setup.
- In that case, try to temporarily connect the USB cable between the computer and the computer with the wireless network and the printer. Now, make sure that you have disconnected the power cable while installing the printer in a wireless network in order to configure the printer.
- Again, join the power cable with the printer as well as it is grounded properly with the electrical outlet as well as turn on your printer.
Find the Mac Address
In order to find the Mac address, try to perform the steps mentioned below:
- At first, from the home screen, go to the Menu icon and open the option against Reports. Once done, go to the network setup page.
- Now, from the Standard Network Card section, you have to locate the UAA (MAC).
- Enter the information of your printer and access the Airport options, in the Mac OS X version 10.5 or later
- From the Apple menu, open the system preferences and locate the network section.
- Navigate to the AirPort option.
- If you are using Mac OS X version 10.4 or earlier, then from the finder, you have to open the Applications section and go to the Internet Connect section and navigate to the AirPort section.
- In the network name popup menu, try to choose the print server [yyyyyy] where, yo donated as the last six digits of the mac address situated in the Mac address sheet.
- Now, open a web browser and navigate to the Bookmarks menu. From this menu choose the Show or Show All Bookmarks.
- From the COLLECTIONS section, try to choose the option named Bonjour or Rendezvous as well as place a double click in the printer’s name section.
- In the appropriate field, you have to type the network field.
- In case of choosing the Network Mode setting, in case, you are using an access point, you have to choose the option Infrastructure.
- Once done, you have to choose the type of the security which you want to use to protect your device.
- Now, you have to provide the security information, which is necessary for the printer which you can connect to the wireless network.
- Tap on the option Submit.
- Navigate to the AirPort application, which is present on your computer. If you are using Mac OS X version 10.5 or later, then, from the Apple menu, go to the System Preferences as well as navigate to the network section. Now, go to the Airport section.
- If you are using Mac OS X version 10.4 or earlier, then, try to follow these steps: At first, go to the system preferences and locate the network section, now, go to the Airport section.
- In the Finder section, go to the Applications and locate the Internet Connect option. Now, tap on the Airport option.
- Now, from the popup menu of the network, you have to choose the name of your wireless network as well as configure your computer to connect your printer wirelessly.
- In order to print in the network printer, you have to install a custom printer driver file for each Macintosh, as well as the user has to create a print queue in the Printer Setup Utility or Print Center.
- Now, try to install the printer driver file in your system.
- Again, try to insert the Software and Documentation CD, after which you have to place a double click in the installer package of your printer.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions which are coming to your computer.
- Choose a destination where you can download it and tap on the option “continue”.
- Once done, from the easy installation screen you have to tap on the option which is “Install”.
- Provide the user name as well as the password, after which tap on the option named OK.
- Once done, all necessary applications will be downloaded as well as will be installed in your computer.
- Lastly, tap on the option named close when you become able to complete the installation process.
Step 3: Add printer :
In order to print the IP, if you are using Mac OS X version 10.5 or later, then from the Apple menu you have to go to the System Preferences and then, go to the Print and Fax option. Once done, you have to tap on the + option and after that, you have to tap on the IP tab.
- Type the IP address which is situated in the address field of the printer and after that, tap on the option named Add.
- If you are using Mac OS X version 10.4 or earlier, then from the Finder,you have to go to the Applications and go to the Utilities section.
- Once done, you have to double tap on the Printer Setup Utility and click on the Print Center.
- Now, from the Printer List, you have to choose the Add option and tap on the option which is IP Printer.
- Provide the IP address of the printer in the address field and after that, tap on the option which is Add.
- In case, if you are using Apple talk printing, you have to be sure about that, AppleTalk is activated on your printer.
It concludes the printer setup process.
Some Pending Things:
Here, experts have provided a step by step guide, using which you will be able to perform Lexmark printer x5650 Setup on an easy note. Therefore, try to go through all of the steps sincerely. Avoid step jumping. In case, you encounter any kind of system glitches while performing the steps, then you can inform us via your comments. If you have this article helpful, then also you can encourage us via your valuable comments.