Kotak Verite 55 wireless all-in-one printer is different from the other types of inkjet printers available in the market. It has a built-in wireless LAN and can make the prints from multiple computers. It is compatible with various Operating Systems and supports various media types. People prefer to choose this printer for its ability to scan straight from their smartphones. Though the printer is easy to set up, numerous users enquire how can they carry on the Kodak Verite 55 Wireless All-in-one Printer Setup. Therefore, we have decided to discuss the whole setup process concisely in this article to help those users.
Kodak Verite 55 Wireless All-in-one Printer Setup
You will need to follow these steps to set up your printer.
1)Install Ink Cartridges
At first, you will need to remove the protective materials to unpack the printer and lift up the scanner unit. Then use a power cable for connecting the printer to a plug point. Turn on the printer and open the top cover of the printer. Remove the protective cap from the printhead and place the printhead into the carriage. Now remove the ink cartridges from their packaging and insert them into the carriage of the printer. After the cartridges snap into place, close the top cover or the access door of the printer.
2)Load Paper into the Paper Tray
Lift the input tray and open the output tray of the printer. Fan and stack the bunch of A4 size paper. Turn on the printer and tap the ‘Language’ button. Select a preferred language and click ‘OK’ to resume the printing.
For connecting your printer to a wireless network, know the network name that is the Service Set Identifier (SSID). You can check your wireless router or look into your manufacturer’s documentation for the network name. Remember you will require the security string if you have already enabled the security on your network. The security string might take the form of Wired Equivalent Privacy or WiFi Protected Access. Therefore, record the network name and security string and go to the Home menu. The follow the steps as discussed below:
- Click on Network Settings and tap the WiFi Setup Wizard to turn on the WiFi Radio automatically.
- The printer searches for the wireless networks available within its range and displays them in the order of their signal strengths.
- Touch the arrow up and arrow down button to view the additional networks.
- Search for your network name and select it if it is available.
- If the network isn’t available, then select the ‘Rescan for Wireless Networks’ option.
- Once again, ensure that your router is turned on and within the range of the network you are choosing.
- Use the LCD keyboard and enter the Security String if your network is protected and press the ‘OK’ button.
- The WiFi connectivity LED stops blinking when the printer is successfully connected with the wireless network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
4)Add your Printer
After the WiFi setup, you will need to connect your printer to your PC or mobile devices.
On a Computer with Windows Operating System
- Connect your printer wirelessly to your PC with Windows Operating System.
- Go to the Start menu and choose ‘All Programs.’
- Click on Kodak and select ‘Kodak Printer Network Setup Utility.’
- If your printer isn’t listed, then select the ‘No, my printer is not listed’ option and tap ‘Next.’
- Select your printer from the drop-down menu, choose ‘Wireless; and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- After the PC detects your printer, search for a compatible driver and install the same for your printer.
- On the other hand, if the PC detects your printer, then select ‘Yes, my printer is listed’ option and tap ‘Next.’
- The PC automatically installs a correct driver for your printer.
- Tap the ‘Done’ button when the installation is completed.
On a Computer with Mac OS
- Turn on both the printer and your Mac.
- Go to the ‘Apple’ menu and click ‘System Preferences.’
- Navigate to the ‘Hardware’ section and select either ‘Print & Fax’ or ‘Print & Scan’ option.
- Tap the ‘+’ sign in the dialog box and locate your printer.
- After that, select your printer and tap the ‘Add’ button.
- If the Mac detects your printer, then you have successfully added your printer to it.
On Android Devices
Follow the steps given below to connect both your Android device and printer to the same wireless network. Refer to the user manual of your device as the steps slightly differ depending on the type of Android device you are using.
- Access the Control Panel of your printer and press the ‘Home’ button.
- Choose ‘Network Settings’ and tap the ‘OK” button.
- Expand the ‘WiFi Network Settings,’ click ‘Connected Network SSID” and locate the SSID.
- Note down the SSID and go back to your device.
- Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Wireless and Networks.’
- Click ‘WiFi Settings’ and select the network name to which your printer is connected.
- Then follow the on-screen wizard for connecting your Android OS device to the wireless network.
This ends the Kodak Verite 55 Wireless All-in-one Printer Setup process. Hope you won’t have to face an issue in using your printer. Now, make a print test to confirm the Kodak Verite 55 Wireless All-in-one Printer Setup.