Kodak Verite 55 printer comes with advanced wireless printing technology and saves up to 50% or more on everything you print. Moreover, you can get one-touch Printing and Scanning from Apple or Android app. In this article, we will discuss the Kodak Verite 55 printer setup guide. So, let’s check out the easiest ways to set up the Kodak Verite 55 printer.
Kodak Verite 55 Printer Setup: Quick Installation Guide
Here, we are going to explain, how to set up the Kodak Verite 55 printer quickly. So, you need to follow the instruction very carefully.
Method: Connecting to A Wireless Network
If you would like to connect your printer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, then you have to use the following instructions.
Step 1: Before you Connect
You need a wireless router and you have to check whether your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Step 2: Connecting to a wireless network using the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard
After that, you can use the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard on the printer for connecting to your wireless network and then you have to use the procedure that is suitable for your network setup.
Step 3: Connecting to a non-WPS wireless router
If you would like to connect to your wireless network then you have to know the network name which is also called the Service Set Identifier (SSID). Generally, you can get your network name from the wireless router or you can check the documentation of the manufacturer for more details. If you enable the security on your network then you have to know the security string, which may be a Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) or a Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) passphrase. Then, you need to record your network information by using the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Now, press the Home button and you have to touch the Right Arrow key and after that, select the Network Settings option.
- Then, touch the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard to continue.
- Now, you have to select the network name and here, if you cannot see the network in the list, or if you would like to change your network then you have to choose the Rescan for Wireless Networks option.
- After that, if the network needs a password then you have to use the LCD keyboard to enter your Security String and generally, the Security String is case-sensitive. After finishing the process, click on OK.
Once done, when the confirmation message appears when you have to select OK again.
- After that, the printer is properly connected and now, the Wi-Fi connectivity LED stops blinking.
- Once you are done with the process, the printer with a wireless connection is noted as the name of the printer and a number and now, the KODAK All-in-One Printer Software is not installed then you have to go to a particular website.
- In the results list, select the link for KODAK All-in-One Printer Software for your operating system.
- Then finally, you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Connecting to a WPS wireless router
If Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is supported on your router then you can use WPS Connect and WPS helps to configure your printer for a wireless network. To perform this task, you have the steps as instructed below:
- At first, press the Home button and then touch the Down Arrow key and after that, go to the Network Settings option.
- Now, touch Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and then you have to select the WPS Connect option. Here you need to choose one of two methods of connecting. These are Push Button Configuration and WPS PIN
For Push Button Configuration
- In this step, firstly, touch Push Button Configuration.
- After that, you have to press or choose the WPS button for your wireless router.
- Then, press the OK button on the control panel to continue.
For Generate WPS PIN
- In this step, firstly, you have to press the Generate WPS PIN option.
- Now, find the PIN screen in your wireless router’s software,
- After that, you have to enter the PIN you received on the LCD into the PIN screen and then you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, select the OK button on the control panel.
- After that, the confirmation message will appear on the screen and then click on OK.
- After that, when the printer is connected then the Wi-Fi connectivity LED stops blinking like previous.
Similarly, the printer is listed as the name of the printer plus a number and so if you haven’t installed the KODAK All-in-One Printer Software, then you need to install it to complete the process.
Step 5: Setting up an IP Address
To set up an IP Address on the printer, you have to follow the steps below:
- At first, you have to press the Home button and select the Right Arrow like previous and then choose the Network Settings option.
- After that, you have to select the Advanced IP Address Setup option and then click Yes to continue.
- Once done, choose one of the following options:
- Dynamic (DHCP)
- Manual (Static)
- Now, if you select Manual (Static) then you have to enter an IP Address, a Gateway Address, a Subnet Mask and a DNS Server address and then click on OK after each entry. Now, you have to use the LCD keyboard for entering each digit of the numbers to complete the process.
Step 6: Viewing the network configuration
To perform this task, you have to check that you are connected to your wireless network:
- At first, you have to press the Home Button and then, touch the Right Arrow key and then you have to select the Network Settings option.
- After that, choose the View Network Configuration and then, the Ethernet or wireless network settings will appear on the LCD, including:
- Printer Hostname
- IP Address
- IP Address Type
- Connected Network SSID
- Network Subnet
- MAC Address
- Radio (on/off)
- When the printer is connected to the network, then you can see the network name and the word CONNECTED.
After that, you have to scroll through the information and then select the Down Arrow key. Once you are done with the process then touch OK to finish the process.
Step 7: Printing the network configuration
If you would like to print the current network configuration then follow the steps below:
- At first, you have to load plain paper into the printer and then press the Home Button.
- After that, click on Right Arrow and then select the Network Settings option.
Once done, you have to choose the Print Network Configuration option to finish the process.
Step 8: Installing your printer on additional computers on the network
If you would like to add your printer to another computer on your network then you have to install the KODAK All-in-One Printer Software on each computer.
- To perform this task, you have to go to the website.
- After that, in the list, you have to select the link for KODAK All-in-One Printer Software for the operating system of your PC like previous.
- Finally, follow the instructions (on-screen) to complete the process.
Step 9: Connecting to another KODAK All-in-One Printer
We will explain this method for two different OS (Windows or Mac):
For Windows OS:
In this step, you have to select the Start menu option and then, choose the All Programs option. Now, click on Kodak and then select the KODAK Printer Network Setup Utility.
Now, if your wireless printer is not listed then you have to Select “No, my printer is not listed” and then click Next. After that, from the drop-down list, you have to select your printer. Now, chooses the Network – Wireless[thinsp]/[thinsp]Wi-Fi option and then click on Next. The driver installation starts, when the printer is detected.
If your wireless printer is listed then you need to select the “printer that is connected to your network” option. After that, choose “Yes, my printer is listed” and then click on Next. finally, when the printer is detected, the driver starts installing. After completing the installation, select the Done option to complete the task.
For MAC OS:
In this step, firstly, you have to select Apple and then, go to the System Preferences option:
- Now under Hardware, choose the Print & Fax or Print & Scan option and then click on Plus button in the dialog box.
- After doing all the above steps, you have to select your printer from the list and click Add to finish the process.
Hope, this article is very much helpful to you. We have simplified all the steps so that you can easily understand the entire article. Basically, Kodak Verite 55 printer set up is not a difficult process. Still, if you are getting any problem during set up then you can opt for an expert for better support.