Pop-ups are mostly used by advertisers to deliver ads. But it is considered to be the most nuisance as it distracts the web users and hampers their experience. To prevent this pop-up, a software is introduced which is known as a pop-up blocker. It prevents from the pop-up that appears while visiting any website. Like all other browsers, Firefox also has this pop-up blocker that allows the user to turn the blocker on or off whenever they want. If you are not aware of the usage of Firefox popup blocker, this article will guide you in the right way. Here are simple tricks and tips about how to enable and disable the popup blocker firefox.
How To Enable Firefox Popup Blocker?
Enabling the popup blocker in Firefox will prevent the pop ups from appearing in the browser. Here are a few simple steps that will guide you in the right way:
- At first, open the Firefox browser.
- Now, Select the “hamburger” menu icon which appears in the top-right in order to open the Menu option in the Firefox.
- Then, click on the options tab.
- At the top of the window, a content icon is located. Click on that icon.
- Now, ensure that whether the Block pop-up windows is activated or not
- At the right of Block pop-up windows, select the Exceptions button
- Immediately a dialog box of allowed sites will appear
- To make the browser recognize the UD servers as a trusted site, enable the pop-ups from this sites in the Address of website field. To do this, type the site URL
- In order to add other UD trusted sites, repeat the above steps
- After you have finished adding the sites you want, click on the close button
- Lastly, click OK to close the dialog box.
How To Disable Firefox Pop-Up Blocker?
There is also an option to disable `this pop-up blocker. Disabling this option will again allow the pop ups to appear on your site. Try the simple steps that are given below:
- At first, open Firefox.
- Now, click on the menu button and then select the Preferences option.
- Click on the Content option
- In order to left of “Block pop-up windows”, uncheck the box
- At first, click on the menu button and then select the Preferences tab
- Now, select the content option
- Check the box to the left of “Block pop-up windows.”
- Click on the Exceptions
- Type the websites listed below, in the “Address of website” text box
- Now, click the ‘Allow’ button
- Lastly, Click on the Save Changes option
Unblock on site:
- At the top of the page, look for the yellow bar
- Click Preferences option
- Then Allow pop-ups for the address that is available
- Close the window and the changes are saved automatically
Hope the above steps were fruitful in solving your queries. If you want any further assistance, post your comments and we will keep you updated.