iTunes is basically a software which is created by Apple Inc. This software is a digital media application present in any Mac PC, Windows PC, and in any other iDevices. You can use this application to play any digital media like music, videos etc. Along with these, you can even buy and download music or videos within the software, via the iTunes Store. Also, you can access the radio from this application.
Despite all these features that the iTunes have, you can get a bunch of errors at times. One of the major issues that you can get while you use this software is the iTunes error 1671.
This issue occurs when you upgrade or restore your iDevice. Also, due to obsolete Apple servers and the iTunes.
Solutions To Fix The iTunes Error 1671
In this section, we provide efficient solutions to fix the issue of the iTunes error 1671. Now, in the following, you will get the steps to solve this error.
Update The iTunes Application
Most of the time, you can face the iTunes error 1671 due to an outdated version of the digital media software. So, to solve this issue, you can update the iTunes software to its latest version.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same.
- First, open the iTunes application on your computer. If you do not have iTunes in your machine then download the setup file from the official Apple website.
- Inside the iTunes window, go to the menu bar and select the ‘Help’.
- After that, from the list of options, choose the one that says ‘Check for Updates’.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen and install the latest version of the software.
Disable Any Security Software In Your Computer
You can encounter this error, if there is any kind of conflict between the third-party security software and the Apple servers, while you try to restore any iDevice. Thus, to resolve the iTunes error 1671, you will have to follow the steps from below.
- First, connect your iDevice with the computer.
- Find the third-party security software, go to the ‘settings’ of that software and disable it. If possible, you can try to look at the instruction’s manual that came along with the software.
- Now search for the ‘host’ file in your machine. To locate that file, first, find ‘Computer’ then select ‘C:/’ drive. Now, choose ‘Windows’, then select ‘System 32’, choose ‘drivers’, next ‘etc’ folders and at last, find the ‘hosts’ file. Cut the ‘hosts’ file from that folder and put it on the desktop.
- After that, open the iTunes application and restore your iDevice.
- When the restoration procedure is over, go to the desktop and select the ‘hosts’ file. Now once again go to the ‘etc’ folder as it is given in step 3 and paste the ‘hosts’ file in it.
Factory Reset Your iDevice
To remove the iTunes error 1671, you can perform a factory reset on your iDevice.Resetting is a method that you can also use to solve other error message issues like this when it comes to iCloud. Like the iTunes error 3194, but in case that fails to deliver, there are other solutions for it as well. Follow the steps given below to do the same.
- First, to reset any iDevice, you need to erase all the data in it. To do that, you need to select ‘Settings’ and choose ‘General’. After that, select ‘Reset’ and choose ‘Erase All Contents and Settings’. In the end, click ‘Erase iPad’ option on the pop-up window to start erasing the iDevice.
- After all the data is erased, only choose either the option ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ or the option ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’ on the ‘Set up your iPhone’ window. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to restore the data from the iCloud or iTunes backup.