iPhone users have reported an issue with their devices that their iPhone 7 gets stuck at the Apple logo. This issue mostly occurs during startup, and users generally have no clue how to troubleshoot. If you are an iPhone user and facing similar issues on your device, then don’t worry. In this article, we have come up with some easy fixes for this issue. After going through them, you should be able to fix this problem by yourself.
Use Home Button To Fix iPhone 7 Stuck At Apple Logo
The first method you should try to fix this error is using the Home button. Just press and hold the Home button for 25-30 seconds. Usually, this trick works after about 15 seconds. If it doesn’t, and your iPhone 7 is still stuck at the Apple logo, then try the method after about an hour. Go for this trick 2-3 times until your iPhone starts usually.
You may also try pressing the power button to restart your stuck iPhone.
If this simple fix doesn’t solve your issue, you need to try something else to resolve this error. However, before you follow the other steps, you need to backup your iPhone data to iTunes, because the procedure will erase all the data from your device.
Backup Your iPhone Data Using iTunes
To quickly and effectively back up all the data on your iPhone, you should use the manual method. Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- On the left side of the iTunes window, you should see your device icon. Click on it.
- Click on Summary.
- Under manually Backup and Restore, select Backup Now.
- When you are finished, click on Done.
This step is vital for your safety. By any chance, if you lose your data and settings, you can always restore your iPhone from this backup. Just connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. After that, select Restore Backup in iTunes.
After you have backed up your data in iTunes, you are ready to go for the next fixes. Here they are:
Set The Stuck iPhone 7 To DFU Mode
You can try to fix this issue of iPhone 7 stuck at Apple logo by setting your device to DFU (Default Firmware Update) mode. This is how to do that:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone 7 to your computer.
- Launch iTunes.
- Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for about 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button, but keep holding the Power button.
- A pop-up window should appear in iTunes saying prompting to restore your iPhone.
That’s it. Now, you are in DFU mode, and you can restore your iPhone, or reset the firmware for the device from there.
Note: DFU mode will erase all data from your iPhone. So, you need to perform the back up as mentioned before.
Reset The Stuck iPhone 7 To Factory Settings
Another method you can try to fix this error is to reset your device to factory settings. This method too will erase every data on your phone, so back it up as mentioned before.
This is how to reset your stuck iPhone 7 to factory settings:
- Turn off your iPhone and connect it to your PC via a USB cable.
- Press and hold the Home button on your iPhone.
- Tap on Connect iPhone with PC.
- Release the Home button, when the iTunes icon appears, and your phone should enter Recovery mode.
- Launch iTunes on your Computer, and click on Restore when the prompt appears.
- Click on Restore and Update.
- Click Next > Agree.
Now, you need to wait for sometime until a compatible iOS for your iPhone downloads. iTunes will then restore your iPhone to factory settings along with it.
After you have reset your iPhone to factory settings, you can check which data you have lost and can always restore your device using the backup created.
This is the method of resolving the issue of iPhone 7 stuck at Apple logo. Hope after going through this article, you can fix this issue by yourself.