The HyperX Cloud 2 is a headphone from Kingston, specifically for gaming purposes. This device has a lot of industry-leading features for which it became popular among the people. Some of the features that these headphones have are detachable microphone, virtual 7.1 surround sound, noise cancellation, replaceable ear pads, etc. Despite having a plethora of features, this device is also prone to many different kinds of errors. One such issue about which there will be a discussion in this article is the “HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working”.
There can be a numerous reasons for the occurrence of this issue. Some of the most relevant causes are that if the insertion of the connectors is loose, then you may get this issue. Also, if the mic on HyperX headphone is not set as default, then you may face this glitch. Further, if the drivers of Cloud 2 are obsolete, then you can get this problem also, etc.
Best Solutions to Eliminate HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working Problem
This section of the article will contain various points that provide you with aid to efficiently and simply remove the error “HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working”:
Examine the Wired Connections
The HyperX headphone comes with two wires with 3.5mm jacks, one for the headset and other for the microphone respectively. Those two wires are then connected to a detachable wire with two audio ports on one end and a jack in the other. Once the connections are done, then insert the single jack of the detachable wire on the audio port of the computer. Now, if you are able to hear sound from the headset but unable to get any response of the microphone, then it means that this error has occurred. The solution to rectify this glitch is as follows:
- First, remove all the connectors from the audio port of the computer and then, reconnect them in a proper manner and see if the mic is working or not.
- If it is not, then check the cables and see whether there are any punctures or not. Even due to manufacturing defect this error can crop up. So, for both these cases replace the entire product.
- When all the connections are properly set and there is no defect with the wire, still if you cannot get any response from the mic, then the problem lies with the audio port. Therefore, inspect if there is any dust or debris inside the port.
- If some foreign particles are present within the port, then clean it fully and then check the headphone mic. Even after doing everything still, this issue is present, then as a last option test the headphones on some other machine. Now, if the device works perfectly on the different computer then repair the audio port of your PC.
Run Audio Troubleshooter on the Windows 10 Computer
Sometimes, you can encounter the issue “HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working”, if there is any kind of internal issues with the driver or the OS. The easiest answer to this problem is to execute the built-in audio troubleshooter for the Windows 10. In order to do that, follow the steps present underneath:
- First, press the combination of both keys ‘Windows + I’ simultaneously. This will launch a new window of the application ‘Windows Settings’.
- Within this window, there are many categories of settings for the Windows 10 Operating System, which you can change according to your preference.
- Now, out of all those settings categories, locate and choose the one that says ‘Devices’. A new page within this window will open up, where go to the left pane and select the option ‘Bluetooth & other devices’.
- After that, move to the right panel of that page, with the same name as the option you chose previously. Here, go to the extreme right side and find a section with a subheading ‘Related settings’.
- Under that subheading, click on the link ‘Sound settings’. As soon as you do this, then a new ‘Sound’ page will appear
- Inside that page, choose the button ‘Troubleshoot’, below the ‘Volume’ slider. Immediately a new window ‘Playing Audio’ will come up, which then attempts to detect any problem with the audio device. If any issue is found out, then that glitch will be rectified automatically.
Activate the Microphone on HyperX
When the recording device or microphone is not enabled or if the system volume is quite low, then for that reason you can experience this issue. The answer to this issue is to enable the recording device. Here are steps on how to do it. So follow along:
- First, go to the ‘Speaker’ present on the right side of the ‘Network’ icon. Then, right-click on that icon and choose the option ‘Recording devices’ from the menu which pops up.
- A new window with a name ‘Sound’ will come up, where the tab ‘Recording’ is already selected. Under that tab, find and choose the option ‘Headset Microphone’. Then right-click on it and tap on the item ‘Enable’ from the menu that shows up.
- Once again, right-click on the same option present in the last step and tap on the item ‘Set as Default Device’.
- Finally, at the bottom of this window, click on the ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ buttons respectively to set the changes made to the computer.
Alter the Audio Settings within the Game
You can get the “HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working” issue if the audio settings configuration in the game is not done correctly. The most feasible solution to this problem is to change and set the audio configuration in a proper way for a specific game. To do it, follow these lines beneath.
- First, start the game where this problem is occurring.
- Next, go to the ‘Settings’ page or section and locate the option for sound.
- After that, within the ‘Sound’ section, find the mic option and check if it is ‘deactivated’. If so, then toggle the switch to ‘ON’, in order to ‘Enable’ the mic.
- If the mic is enabled and if it does not work. Then reinstall the game and see if this problem is present or not.
Inspect the Advanced Audio Control Box
The Advanced audio control box is a component of HyperX that comes along with the USB connection. This box can be used basically to control volumes of the audio and the microphone. Also, there are two toggle switches to mute both the headset and the microphone. You might face this error if the switch for the microphone is set to mute. Thus, the solution to resolve this issue is to just toggle the microphone switch in the other direction in order to unmute.
Perform an Update for the Headphone Driver
If none of the above points are unable to rectify the error “HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working Windows 10” then this will be last option left. Now, when the driver of the HyperX headphone becomes corrupt or is not up to date, then there is a possibility to face this issue. The best answer to this problem is to perform an update of the driver. For that to happen, follow the sentences in the following:
- First, go to the third point of this section. Then follow the first two steps until the option ‘Headset Microphone’ is selected.
- Now, right-click on that option and then from the popup menu, tap on the item ‘Properties’. This will launch a new window ‘HyperX 7.1 Audio Properties’.
- Within that window, select the tab ‘Driver’. Under that tab, choose the button ‘Update Driver…’. A new window with two links will come up.
- Out of those two links, select the initial one that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’. As soon as you click this link then the OS will look for any updates available for the device driver.
- If any updates are there, then those will be downloaded and installed automatically. This process can take several minutes to complete, so wait patiently.
- Once the update process is complete, restart the computer.
A Round Off
The error “HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working” issue can be easily rectified if you follow all the points in the previous section carefully. But, even after following each and every step from the above section, if still, you are unable to mitigate this problem. Then, do not worry at all. You can simply provide the details about the query that you face in the comment section below this pos