HP Printer driver helps the system to communicate with the computer and printer. For that, you need to update HP printer drivers for Windows 7, if you are operating on Windows. If you are not aware of the detailed process for the update then you can follow this article to perform this task without any hazard.
Step By Step Guidance On How To Update HP Printer Drivers For Windows 7
Here, experts have provided more than one hacks to perform the task. On that note, try to follow all of them carefully.
Step 1: Update Device Driver Automatically By Settings Windows Update
You can set an automatic update. On that note, try to follow the instructions given below.
- Navigate to the search option and in the box type ” Change device installation settings” and click on that option.
- On that window, select the Yes option, and then click on the Save Changes option.
- After that, the device will start downloading the device driver update.
Step 2: Connect Your Printer With Your Computer
You can connect your printer with your computer via USB cable. On that note, try to perform the steps carefully.
- At first, be sure about the network connection.
- After that, turn on the printer.
- Now connect your printer and computer via USB.
You can also use a Wifi connection. To perform so, try to follow the steps carefully.
In order to perform this task, try to gather some pieces of information about the following matter.
- Network name.
- Network security password.
- You are using a wireless capable printer.
After gathering that information, try to focus on the main steps.
- At first, make sure that your system and printer both are ON.
- Now, disconnect ethernet cables from the printer.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer.
After connecting your printer with your computer, focus on the next step.
Method 3: Install The Printer Driver
After his process, try to install the printer driver using Add a Printer wizard. To perform this action try to follow the steps carefully.
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the results.
- Click Add a printer.
- Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- A Select a printer windows displays.
- If your printer is in the list then click on the next. If it is not then, click on the What type of printer do you want to install?. After that proceed with the next step.
- Click on Add a local printer.
- Select Use an existing port (LPT1: Printer Port), and then click on the Next.
- After that, Click on Windows Update and wait for sometime to complete the update process
- Click On the HP, in the Manufacturer pane and click on the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
- If your printer is in the list, select it, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- If your printer is not in the list, click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the window two times to return to What type of printer do you want to install?. Continue with the next step.
- Click Add a network, from the wireless or Bluetooth printer window and then click on the printer that was not in the list.
- Select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname and then click on Next.
- Choose Autodetect from the Device type drop-down list.
- Type your printer IP address into the text box and then click Next.
- To find the printer IP address, print a Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration pages.
- Wait for the computer to connect to the printer and then click Next to install the print driver.
IN CASE OF USB CONNECTION
If you are using a USB connection then try to follow another instruction given below.
- Navigate to the search option and in the search box type Devices and Printers. And click on the first result.
- Click on Add a printer option.
- Click on Add a local printer.
- Choose to Use an existing port (USB001: Virtual printer port for USB) option and then click on the Next option.
- Now, Click Windows Update, and then wait for the print drivers to update.
- Click HP, in the Manufacturer pane and then click the name of your printer.
- Click on Next option and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- After this whole process done, disconnect USB from it.
Step 4: Print Document
You can print a document to check the status of your printer. On that note, after performing an update, try to print a test page. If you can perform this printing job, it means you have successfully completed the device installation process. You can also try to scan a document to overcome this issue.
Step 5: Scan a Document
As an alternative to the previous one, you can try to scan a document to check the status of your printer. If you can scan a document, it means you have successfully completed the driver installation process.
After trying this process your work will be done.
Hp printers, just like any other printer from a different brand can give these error messages. Yet the good thing is that you’ll be able to fix these with proper instructions.
If you want solutions, you can get all of that form this website Errorcode0x only.