HP Officejet 4650 scanner is one of the HP’s most popular 2 in 1 wireless devices, which includes inkjet printer facility as well as a scanner. It comes with a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. Most important thing is that it can print 28 pages per minute. But, if you want to know the proper procedure in order to configure the scanner properly, then this article is just for you. We are mentioning the easiest procedures for HP Officejet 4650 scanner setup. Hence, follow the steps and perform them accordingly to set the scanner on your own.
Unpacking of HP Officejet 4650 Scanner
If you have an HP Officejet 4650 scanner you should know the parts and accessories that come along with the box. Inside the box, you will find a bag containing the Start Here guide and other reference materials. The black and tri-color number 63 cartridges. Then, comes the power cord. After that, remove the packaging materials and the tape and packing materials from all sides of the device. Now, lift the device and slide out the input tray. You can extend the paper width guides if you want. Push in the input tray. At this point, power on the device.
Essential Procedures for HP Officejet 4650 Scanner Setup
In order to set the scanner, first, you need to remove the twist tie from the power cable. After that, plug the one end of the cord into the printer and the other end into a wall outlet. After that, press the Power button and the printer will start initializing. When prompted, select your language and region and touch YES to confirm. Next, you need to select the date and touch ‘Next’ and ‘Done’ to confirm.
Next, you need to install the ink cartridges. Lift the top cover to access the cartridges. Before installing the cartridges, you need to remove the protective tape from the ink cartridges. Hold the cartridges by its sides, then lift the tri-color lid. Set the cartridge in the left slot, then close the lid. Place the black cartridge in the right slot in the same way.
After that, press OK on the Control Panel option. When prompted to load the paper, open the paper input tray. Put a stack of plain white paper on a flat surface and load it in the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides, then slide in the input tray. Touch ‘Yes’ and then ‘Done’ on the Control Panel.
Now, the printer will calibrate and print an alignment page. To complete the alignment you need to scan the printed page. Hence, lift the scanner lid, then place the page printed towards the side down. You can also use the markings on the printer as a guide. Close the scanner lid and then, touch OK to scan the page. Once the alignment is complete, an ‘Alignment successful’ message will display. Press the OK button to continue.
Connect the HP Officejet 4650 Scanner
There are many different methods to connect the scanner to your computer. Here, we are going to manually connect the scanner to a wireless network.
- On the printer’s Control Panel, touch the Wireless icon. After that, touch the Settings icon. After that, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer will then search for all wireless routers within range of the printer.
- Select your network from the list. Then, touch OK, and enter the network password, if required. The Control Panel has multiple letters per box. Hence, touch each box until the password gets displayed. After entering the password, then touch the Done option.
- Then, touch OK to confirm the Settings. Once, you input the password, touch Done. Then, touch OK to confirm your Settings. The printer will validate your wireless settings and connect to the network.
- When the connection successful screen displays, then touch OK. Now, the printer setup is complete and it is connected to the wireless network.
Install the Software
Now, install the software for the scanner.
- Grab the bag of materials that we set aside. Inside the bag, you will find RJ11 phone cord for setting up the printer and scanner as a fax machine.
- Remove the disc from the sleeve and load it into the computer’s CD panel. If the installer does not run automatically, click the prompt to open the Disc options. Click ‘Run’ to open the installer.
- If a User Account Control window opens, click YES. You have the option to go online and complete the software installation. Once the installer opens, click Continue. In the next tab, the screen shows software that is going to be installed. You can click the Customize Software Selections button to choose what software you need to install. Click Next.
- After that, check the box to agree to the terms and click the Next option. The software and drivers will now get installed. At the connection screen, you can either choose Wireless, USB or connect your printer later. Hence, choose the Wireless option and click Next. The installer will scan the wireless network for your printer.
- Once, it is able to locate the printer, you can choose the required option from the list. Once selected, click on the Next option. The installer will then connect the wireless printer to the system. Follow any on-screen prompts that might appear. If you are not connected to the internet, you might receive an error message. But, this error does not affect your printer’s installation. Finally, as soon as the process completes, try to scan a page and verify if you have accomplished the setup or not.
Well, these are the processes for HP Officejet 4650 scanner setup. It is recommended that do not skip any steps while performing the procedures. In case, if you face any difficulties, you can refer the user guide that comes along with this HP device.