HP Officejet 4650 all-in-one printer setup is a relatively simple process. If you have bought a new HP Officejet 4650 printer, you will need to set it up in an accurate way. There are several ways to proceed through the setup process. But, most of the users get confused or encounter errors while connecting HP printer through a wireless or wired network. This problem usually occurs when the users fail to understand an important step or ignore any setup warnings. Now, if you are one of those users and trying to find proper guidance on how to set up your HP Officejet 4650 printer, then follow this article thoroughly. So, you will be able to do this at your home and at your own time.
Easy Procedure for HP Officejet 4650 All-in-One Printer Setup
There are some easy methods to set up your HP printer efficiently. So, follow the below guidelines carefully:
Method 1: Wireless Printer Setup
To set up an HP printer with a wireless connection, connect the printer to the network. Then, install the Printer Driver manually.
Step 1: Prepare for Installation
Before starting this process, collect all network names and passwords. Then, switch on your router, computer, and printer. To do so, follow these steps mentioned below:
- Note down the necessary information:
- Network name: SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Network password: WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- Make sure that your computer must be connected to the same wireless network.
- Internet access: HP prefers broadband Internet access like wire or DSL to download software with Web Services and to get printer updates.
- Keep in mind that your device and the router must stay turned on. Also, make sure that your computer is connected to the wireless network to which you need to attach the printer. Then, turn on the printer and keep it between your computer and the router during the setup process.
- Now, unplug all the cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the Wireless Network
To continue this process, connect your printer to the network with Wireless Setup Wizard. So, try to follow the below steps and implement it accordingly:
- First of all, turn the printer on.
- Go to the Control Panel section and click on the Wireless option.
- When the Wireless screen appears, click on the Settings option.
- Select ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’.
- Now, follow the pop-up instructions to complete the process.
Step 3: Download and Install the Printer Software
After connecting to the wireless network, you need to download proper printer software for executing the printing process accurately. To download and install the printer software, you need to follow these steps:
- At first, go to the Official website of the HP printer.
- Type the model number of the printer and select ‘Begin’.
- Now, click on the Download option and go to the Driver tab.
- Then, choose the ‘Software and Driver’ from the list.
- Select ‘Continue’.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the wireless setup process.
HP Officejet 4650 Windows Setup
To set up your printer on your Windows, go through the below steps one by one:
Step 1: Prepare for the Printer Setup
Before performing this step, the first thing you need to do is check all the requirements and remove the previously installed printer details from your system. To prepare, apply these steps instructed below:
- First of all, check all these requirements:
- You have to switch on your printer.
- A USB cable is needed to less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- You have to check the USB port on your computer. If you want to connect your device with a USB wire or the docking station, the printer can not get enough power to execute this process.
- For better result, you need to disconnect the printer from the device during the setup process if the connection is created between the USB cable and your device.
- Also, unplug all the cables from your computer and don’t plug in them during the installation process.
- Go to the Control Panel section and choose ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Look for your printer option and right-click on it.
- Next, select the Remove option. If multiple devices are there, delete them all.
- Close ‘Devices and Printer’ screen and go to the next step.
Step 2: Install the Driver and Set up the Connection
The printer drivers are one of the most important parts of a printer. If you do not install them properly, then you may face various type of compatibility and connectivity issue. To do that, you can follow the instructions below:
- At first, go to the online website of the HP printer.
- Type your model number and follow the instructions on the screen. Then, note down some necessary information.
- After downloading the driver, you need to follow the instructions to open the download file. Then, choose ‘USB’ to select a connection type.
- If the download process fails, follow these steps below.
- Go to the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads site and type the model number of your printer.
- Select ‘Submit’.
- Below the Driver tab, click ‘Download’.
- Select ‘USB’ to make a connection.
- Now, you can print, fax, and scan from your printer.
HP Officejet 4650 Mac Setup
For Mac users, you can follow the instructions below and apply these steps in your own.
Step 1: Install the HP Smart App and Establish the Printer
In this case, the first thing you need to install the HP smart app and establish your printer. So, you follow some easy steps:
- First of all, go to the Official website of the HP printer on your phone.
- Then, install the HP Smart app and check that your iOS device is connected to the wireless network properly.
- Now, run the app and attach your printer with your phone.
- Check if your printer appears or not. If not, click on the Plus icon to choose a printer from the given list.
- Try to check all the instructions on the screen.
Step 2: Print, Scan, and Copy
You can use HP Officejet 4650 to copy, scan, and print in several ways. So, you try to print, scan and copy any document to complete the process.
Step 3: Manage Printer Settings, View Status, and Order Supplies
In this step, you have to select items on the Home screen and modify printer options, order supplies, and view status. To do that, follow this way:
- Firstly, open printer to change printer options, see printer status, reports, and so on.
- Then, click on the Notification option to see all error messages and a special discount from the HP app.
- Now, go to the HP Instant Ink to order supplies and control your HP account.
We hope that our instructions and suggestions prove to be helpful to you and assist you with the HP Officejet 4650 all-in-one printer setup procedure. For more tech related content keep following our articles.