The HP Officejet 4500 is an all-in-one wireless device which works the overall functioning of a printer, scanner, and copier. However, due to its multifunction qualities, the setup process of this device is a little bit complicated. Many new users encounter different types of problem while setting up the HP Officejet 4500 for the first time. Most of the time, the step-up issue occurs because of some simple mistakes like step jump, or improper hardware and software installation. But they are quite easy to overcome by following the proper device step-up procedures. Now, if you want to know the correct HP Officejet 4500 Scanner setup process, then follow this article. This is because we have provided all the necessary steps here.
How to Perform a Complete HP Officejet 4500 Scanner Setup?
There are mainly two ways by which you can connect the HP Officejet 4500 scanner with your system and both of them are given below. Have a look at them.
Connect via a USB Cable
If you want to connect the HP Officejet 4500 scanner with your system via a wired connection, then you can do it with the help of provided USB cable. To know about it, follow the given instructions.
- Plug the power adaptor of the HP Officejet 4500 into an outlet and turn on the device. But don’t plug the USB into the scanner or your system.
- Now, install the printer/scanner drivers and HP software into your system. You can do it with the help of provided CD-ROM or else you can download them from HP’s official website.
- On the Installation wizard, a message will come up saying” Connect the USB cable”. On that situation, you need to insert one end of the USB cable into the HP Officejet 4500 and another end into a free USB port on your system. Don.’t connect the USB cable into a USB dock or hub. This thing can cause power and data storage problems into the HP Officejet 4500 which eventually leads to many printing and scanning issues.
- After connecting the USB cable, click on the Next button. The system wil automatically recognize the USB device and install the drivers according to it.
- Now, you have to Calibrate the printing and scanning functions on the HP Officejet 4500 by following the on-screen instructions.
Once you have done that, click on the Finish button in order to complete the HP Officejet 4500 Scanner setup process. Now, give some scanning and printing commands to verify any connective issues and device problems.
Connect via a Wireless Network
Now, to connect the HP Officejet 4500 scanner with your system via a router or access point, follow the given instructions.
- First, install the printer/scanner drivers and HP software into your system with the help of provided CD-ROM. You can also download them from the official website of HP.
- On the installation wizard, click on the Insatll Network/ Wireless Device option. Then, follow the on-screen instructions. During this process, the firewall application of your system may display some permission messages. On those situations, select the “Always permit/allow“ option in order to install the HP software successfully.
- Now the installation wizard will try to find the HP Officejet 4500 scanner. After the wizard finishes the search, click on the Next button.
- Instantly, a message prompt will come up on the screen saying” Connect the USB cable”. On that moment, plug in the provided USB cable into your system and scanner temporarily and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- After some time, a new message prompt will pop-up on the screen. On that message prompt, you need to enter your network name and security password.
Once you do that, disconnect the USB cable and check the wireless functionality of your HP Officejet 4500 scanner.
If even after following all the steps and instructions given in the above section, you are unable to perform the HP Officejet 4500 Scanner setup process, then it might be possible that your scanner is facing some serious problem. In that case, you should consult with a technical expert to find effective solutions to set up the HP Officejet 4500 scanner.
We hope our suggestions are helpful to you with the step process of the HP Officejet 4500 scanner. For more tech related articles, keep following our upcoming posts.