Most of the people prefer HP printers because of its extensible features and outstanding functionalities. Moreover, it has the capability to generate the output within a limited timeframe without creating any technical error. With HP Envy 5540 All-in-one Printer, you can avail an excellent quality hard copy with vibrant colorful images. Furthermore, it can handle multiple copies without compromising the output quality and accuracy. So, you need to set up the device successfully and get the desired hardcopies that will be beneficial to enhance the business projects. Otherwise, you won’t able to avail the above facilities. However, if you have recently purchased this printer model and failing to set up, then this article is exclusively for you. Here we have discussed the steps briefly on how to perform HP Envy 5540 All-in-one Printer Setup without encountering any technical error.
Complete HP Envy 5540 All-in-one Printer Setup With Some Technical Easy-to-Follow Steps:
There are several steps to perform HP Envy 5540 All-in-one Printer Setup and you need to follow them sequentially. If you skip any steps, then it will fail to generate the hard copies. However, we are going to talk about the steps one after another that will help you to know about the process of HP Envy 5540 All-in-one printer setup effortlessly.
HP Driver Download and Install process
- Go to the HP official website and download the HP Envy 5540 Printer driver by clicking on the authentic link.
- Now, save the downloaded file in your system desktop.
- Double-click on the new folder and open it.
- Choose the printer driver installation file and double-tap on it to run it.
- It will take a few times to perform the installation process. Wait until it shows a successful message regarding the installation.
- Next, enter a username and passcode to protect your WiFi device from unauthorized access. Click on the Save button and keep the wireless device password protected.
- When done, click on the Finish button and close the window.
- Finally, reboot the PC with the normal mode and follow the next steps to complete the HP setup process entirely.
Download and Install HP Scanner Software
- Turn off the HP printer and disconnect all the cables attached to this device.
- Now, launch the HP Official Support page to download the printer software.
- Next, you can see the option “Let’s identify your product to get started” by asking you to choose a device.
- Click on the Printer and enter the HP printer model number. Hit the Submit button to save the printer details.
- Then, go to the Operating System section and click on the Change tab.
- Choose the latest version, tap the Change button to fix the selected Operating System.
- When HP Envy 5540 All-in-one printer setup is done, then try to connect your system as well as device to the internet. Therefore, you need to connect your printer with the wireless network and avail the facilities through this printer.
Connect to Wireless Network
- Turn on the HP wireless printer and go to the Printer’s Control panel.
- Touch the Wireless icon and launch the Network Settings window.
- It will show the Wireless Summary including the Network connection status.
- After that, tap the Settings(Gear icon) and choose Wireless Setup Wizard option from the sub-menu.
- In the resultant window, you can see a list of available WiFi Networks with their signal status.
- If the list doesn’t contain your wireless device name, choose the Wireless Network which is using currently.
- When the security text box is prompted on the screen, then type the WPA key using the virtual keyboard. Make sure that you have entered the correct key as it is very case sensitive. Otherwise, it will prevent the network connection.
- Then, tap the Done button to complete the process and click on the OK button to close the active printer setup window.
- You need to remove the black colored cover from the cartridge and hold the cartridge carefully.
- Now, insert the cartridges into the respective slots in the ink cartridge access door.
- Place the black ink to the right cartridge and fill out the left cartridges by the colorful ink.
- Then, close the cartridge cover and switch on the HP scanner.
- Connect the wires and cables to the device as well as to the HP printer and complete the HP Envy 5540 All-in-one printer setup process.
- Insert the A4 papers into the system tray and try to scan the hard copy.
Facing the HP Printer Setup Issue?- Fix It Immediately
There are some of the critical issues you can come across when you try to perform the HP printer download and installation process. Therefore, you might get stuck with the unexpected error message, “HP Printer Installation Error” and your printer stops responding. Moreover, you can face another annoying issue like “Printer is Offline” after performing the installation process. However, the following reasons are responsible for this HP Envy 5540 All-in-one printer setup error.
- Network sluggish issue is one of the main reason behind this scanner setup error.
- Incorrect installation of the HP printer driver and software cause the HP offline issue.
- Again, outdated printer driver and the outdated Operating system in your device create the device compatibility issue and cause the HP printer technical problem.
- Firmware issue is another problem to create the HP printer installation error if you use the older version of the printer firmware.
However, these are some of the effective solutions can fix this unexpected error quickly and help you to avoid any possible issue. So, you might try out them and resolve the printer installation problem technically.
Uninstall and Re-install HP Printer Driver
- Type “control” in the search box and hit the Enter button to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, choose Programs and Features from several items.
- Next, click on Uninstall a program option.
- You can see a list of software which is already installed in your system. Select the HP driver software file and other associated files to the HP scanner.
- Then, right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
- Tap on the YES button to confirm the uninstallation process. As you confirm, it will start to uninstall the selected programs one by one.
- Once done, reboot the system and restart the HP printer driver to check whether you can scan your device or not.
Upgrade Windows OS
- Click on the Start button and click on the Start menu.
- Tap on the Settings app and launch the window.
- Go to the Windows Update section and click on the Check for Updates button.
- It will start to perform the update process if the latest version of the Windows is available.
- Click the Restart Now button and confirm the update process.
- When done, reboot the system and check whether the scanning problem is resolved or not.
Update HP Scanner Firmware
- Click on the Applications tab and choose Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- Select the printer from the list and tap on the Select button.
- Find out the list of the printers and if your printer is not shown, then refresh the page and click on the printer icon from the bottom left corner of the window.
- Now, choose the Connection Type (Either USB or TCP/IP).
- Select the printer type and type an IP address into the address field.
- After choosing the connection type, click the Add button to update the additional features.
- From the resultant window, Choose Update Firmware from the left pane of the window.
- Click on the Choose button and select the Firmware file by browsing the file section.
- Tap on the Open button and go to the next window.
- Next, hit the Update button from the Firmware setup screen. It will take a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
- When done, reboot the system and check whether the Printer driver installation error is fixed or not.
In the above article, we have defined the process briefly on how to perform HP Envy 5540 All-in-one printer setup without any hassle. Moreover, we have discussed some of the possible issues during the installation process with effective solutions. So, we hope this content will be helpful to set up the HP Envy 5540 all-in-one printer and overcome the HP scanner error technically.