With the HP Envy 4520 All-in-One printer, you can do so many things including printing, copying, scanning and more. This device supports HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint, Morphia and many other interesting applications. However, in order to ensure that all these features are available with the HP printer, you need to follow the proper setup process.
This HP Envy 4520 scanner setup guide can help the users to connect their printers to the wireless network and make the scanning process easier. It will also enable the users to print directly from their mobile devices by connecting to this printer.
Although there are many such wonderful features, which you can explore with the printer setup, but to perform scanning, you need to follow some definite steps. Hence, if you want to know more about the correct process for setting up HP Envy 4520, go through this article. But, before that, let’s start this discussion with some technical details and issues with this HP printer cum scanner device.
Things to Know about HP Envy 4520 All-in-One Printer as Scanning Device
In order to understand the HP Envy 4520 scanner setup, you need to go through the technical specification for this multifunction printer. This device utilizes the technology of Ink-jet-color and is very much suitable for mobile printing.
The printer component in this machine uses the HP Thermal Inkjet technology and it is wireless ready. Hence, you can easily install this device on your PC or laptop and connect to its WiFi.
Although this multipurpose printer is chosen by many customers due to its scanning feature, a majority of them keeps complaining regarding some technical issues in the scanner unit. According to these users, they are unable to choose ‘Scan to Computer’ while trying to scan any document on PC.
One of the reasons behind encountering this problem can be a lack of full feature HP printer software. Any missing component in the setup program can disable the feature of ‘Scan to Computer’ in HP Envy 4520 series.
Apply these Steps to Enable ‘Scan to Computer’ on your HP Envy 4520 All-Purpose Printer
You need to apply the following steps after you have completed the HP Envy 4520 scanner setup. So, first, finish the installation of this HP All-in-One printer by following the steps discussed in the next section. Thereafter, try these steps.
- On your desktop, locate the icon of HP Envy 4520 printer and click on it. This will open the window of the HP Printer Assistant, which is essential for configuring the scanner unit.
- Click on the Scan menu and then select the tab for ‘Manage Scan to Computer’. Make sure that you are choosing ‘Enable’ for this particular scanning feature on your PC.
- There is also a checkbox next to the ‘Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows’ option. So, you need to tick this box for making this selection permanent on HP Printer Assistant.
How to do the HP Envy 4520 Scanner Setup on your System?
If you want to learn the correct method for performing HP Envy 4520 scanner setup, you can follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Connect your printer’s power cord to an electrical outlet and switch it on. On the device’s control panel, you need to set your preferred language, region or country. Also, select the correct time and date and tap on ‘Yes’ on the printer’s touchscreen panel.
- After this, follow proper instructions to place and install the ink cartridges in your printer. Then put HP original paper in the input tray and keep the document on the scanner portion you want to scan. You can also load the item on automatic document feeder (ADF) for the scanner to detect it.
- Next, on your computer or laptop, load the app of ‘HP Scan and Capture’. You can easily get this program from the Microsoft Store.
- After installing this app on your system, hit the ‘Launch’ button and click on the menu icon. Then select ‘Settings’ and go to ‘Select Device’ in order to choose your HP Envy 4520 printer.
- Also, click on ‘Photo Scan Options’ or ‘Document Scan Options’ for making necessary changes with the scanner. Thereafter, click on ‘Settings’ and select ‘Capture Documents’. You can also click on ‘Capture Photos’ to choose the desired item for scanning.
Instructional Guidance to Prepare for HP Envy 4520 Scanner Setup
In order to perform HP Envy 4520 scanner setup or install the printer over a wireless network, there are few important steps that you need to follow. So, let’s have a look at these instructions that includes connecting your printer to a WiFi network and installing the drivers and software for the printing device.
Step 1- Pre-requisites for Performing the Printer Setup
You should be ready with the name and password for accessing the network before connecting your printer. This includes the name of your network (SSID), WEP or WPA passcode.
Then, switch on both your PC and the HP printer. Also, check the cable connection before connecting your printer to the internet. You will have to make sure that both these devices are connected to the same wireless network. Hence, it is best if you place your HP Envy printer close to your computer and also within the network range of the routing device. You need to follow this instruction while you perform the HP Envy 4520 scanner setup and try to remove Ethernet or USB from your printer.
Step 2- Connect HP Envy 4520 to Wireless Network
For connecting your printing device to a wireless network, you will have to utilize the Wireless Setup Wizard. This installer program will help to detect the printer on your system during the installation.
To apply this step, you need to switch on your HP printer and then check its control panel. Find the tab for the Wireless icon on your printer and touch it once. This will display the Wireless screen, where you need to tap on ‘Settings’ icon.
Thereafter, open the program Wireless Setup Wizard and apply the steps you see on your control panel. Allow your printer to process these instructions and connect to the nearby wireless network.
Step 3- Search for Recent Printer Driver and Install
After you complete the above two steps, your next task is to find the correct software and printer driver to perform the HP Envy 4520 scanner setup. However, you need to get the full feature driver for your printer to do the setup accurately. With a full version software, you will be able to install the HP Printer Assistant on your system. This program is essential for managing the printing and scanning functions in your printer.
For applying this method, open a reliable web browser on your PC and enter 123.hp.com on the address bar. As the official site for HP products open, go to the search box and type HP Envy 4250 printer in it. You have to find a suitable driver, which is also compatible with the OS on your computer. After selecting the program, click on the tab ‘Begin’ and then hit the ‘Download’ button.
On your PC, go to the Downloads section and find the HP printer installer you downloaded from the website. You will have to double-click on the application file and continue with the HP Easy Start program.
As the system prompts you to select the driver and software for installing the printer, click on ‘Full Software and Drivers’. After that, hit the ‘Continue’ button and apply the on-screen instructions for installing the printer driver. However, to complete the setup process to connect the printer to WiFi, you need to follow a separate set of instructions.
So, in this article, you came across some useful information regarding the HP Envy 4520 scanner setup. To know more about the steps for installing a scanner or using the advanced printing features, you can consult an HP technician. You can also share your feedback or any additional instructions to perform this setup in the comments section.