HP Envy 4500 is a compact, stylish inkjet printer of HP Envy series. Other printers of HP envy series have some technical bugs. But this top-notch inkjet printer comes with easy-to-use features which make this printer versatile all over the globe. It is imperative to set up your HP Envy 4500 all-in-one printer at the beginning to continue the printing from this printer. However, there are several purchasers who borrowed an HP Envy 4500 printers but they are facing some trouble while establishing up this printer setup.
However, you have to set up the printer properly if you want to print photos from email, Facebook or other platforms. If you do the WiFi setup incorrectly, you might face problems like spooler issue, paper jam, etc. So, if you are not confident regarding how to configure the HP Envy 4500 printer setup, then this is the right place you have come to. In this content, we will explore the prominent method to set up the HP Envy 4500 all-in-one inkjet printer at the earliest. We recommend you to go through this article to perform this setup process.
The Easiest Way for HP Envy 4500 Printer Setup in Windows:
We have arranged a complete guidebook for the borrowers who are unable to do the HP Envy 4500 printer setup. We recommend you to go through the steps below to establish a complete setup for your HP Envy printer.
Step 1: Prepare for installation
If you want to set up your printer on a wireless network, at first, you have to write down the network name and the password. Then, you have to turn on the router, computer and the printer.
- First of all, note down the following things which are required later in this setup process:
- Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)
- Network name: The network name is the SSID.
- Then, make sure that your computer is connected to the wireless network.
You have to remember these following important things before HP Envy 4500 printer setup:
- First of all, HP recommends broadband internet access such as cable or DSL.
- Internet access is required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.
- Place your HP printer close to the computer during the installation procedure.
You have to turn on your router, printer and computer and check if the computer is also connected to the same wireless network, through which you have connected your HP printer.
- Now, if the USB cable is connected to the printer, just disconnect it.
- If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, then remove the USB installation before you continue.
- First, search Windows for your printer model name, then click on the printer name which you borrow, from the list of the results.
- After clicking on the printer name, ‘The Printer Software’ is automatically opened.
- Now, Click on Utilities, and then click on the ‘Printer Setup & Software Selection’ option.
- Now, choose one option between the two ‘Convert a USB connected printer to wireless’ and ‘Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows’.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.
Step 2: Connect the Printer to the Network
You have to use the built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to set up your printer on the wireless network. For that, follow the steps described below:
- First of all, go to the printer’s Control panel and select the Setup button.
- Then, use the Arrow buttons to select the Wireless Menu, and click on OK.
- After that, use the Arrow buttons again to choose the Setup Wizard option, and then select the OK button.
- Now, the Wireless Setup Wizard automatically starts to search for networks. After that, you can be able to see a list of the available network.
- Then, tap on the Arrow buttons to see the network name or SSID which you note down before some times, and click on OK.
- Now, enter the WEP or WPA key:
- To enter the passphrase, you have to use the alphanumeric keypad. You can find it on the control panel of your HP Envy 4500. Enter the lowercase and uppercase letters attentively. Otherwise, the wireless setup will be failed.
- After entering the passphrase, click on the OK button.
- Before performing the next step, check whether your printer successfully connects to the wireless network or not.
- You have to check whether any error message strikes during the connection or not. If you encounter such errors, check security key and the network name which you have entered are correct or not, and then enter the information again.
Step 3: Download and Install the Printer Software
You have to download the latest version of the printer software. Then, install it from the official website of HP to complete the setup process perfectly.
If you can’t download this software from the official site, then you can download the software by using the installation CD. To download from the installation CD, you have to follow these easy steps mentioned below:
- First of all, turn on your printer.
- Then, disconnect all the USB cables from your printer. If it’s needed then the software installation automatically prompts to connect the USB cables.
- Now, go to the HP customer support file which you can find in the CD. Then, go to the ‘Drivers and softwares’ on the CD.
- When the Start page appears on the screen, then choose Printer. Now, type your printer model number, and select the Submit button.
- Change the operating system which is compatible with the printer. If you have to change the version, click on the Change button. Then, choose the version, and click on the Change button.
- Now, go to the ‘Driver heading’.
- After that, download the full software package or else you can select the ‘Basic Drivers’ to download the other drivers.
After buying the HP Envy 4500, the first thing you have to do is HP Envy 4500 printer setup, otherwise, you can’t print anything. We hope, you can successfully configure the WiFi setup by following this article. If you are still facing some problems during the configuration, then you can leave a comment below or can opt for a professional’s help.