HP, as a well-known brand, has been providing printers to fulfill all requirements of printing documents. Since last few years, it’s been offering printers that can not only print documents but also scan and make copies of those documents. HP Deskjet 2541 is one such device that can fulfill the requirements of a printer, copier, and a scanner. After purchasing this unit, you might be wondering how you can set it up for use. For detailed instruction of HP Deskjet 2541 all in one printer copier scanner setup, you can go through this article. Here, we are going to discuss all the steps that you’d require to configure it completely. If you properly follow the article, it won’t be any harder to set up the printer yourself.
Steps for HP Deskjet 2541 All in One Printer Copier Scanner Setup
There are only four steps that you need to follow if you want to set up your HP Deskjet 2541 all in one printer. With these steps, you can perform any operation you like such as printing, scanning, and even making copies. Before we start, you should know that you can only apply the steps if you are setting the printer up for the first time. Well, there are some the steps which you can try out later but if you are doing it for the first time, then do it completely and don’t skip any step.
Step 1 – Connect the Power Cord and Turn on the Printer
Remove the protective plastic sticker from the printer to make sure that you are able to work with the control panel. To turn on the printer, follow the given points.
- In the rear panel of your printer, locate the power input point and plug the power cable into it.
- Insert the other end of the power cord in the electrical outlet and proceed further with the next step.
- Press the power button that you can find at the top of the printer beside the scanner lid.
These are the steps that will let you turn on the HP Deskjet 2541 printer without any problem. If you haven’t added the adapter, then add it with the cable and proceed with the next steps.
Step 2 – Load Paper into the Tray
This step is all about loading paper into the printer and to do that, you can follow some steps as mentioned below.
- At first, raise the input tray that comes at the top section of the printer.
- Lower the output tray and pull out the tray extender which you can find at the lower section of the printer.
- After that, load a stack of standard paper with proper size in the input tray. Make sure that you load the papers in vertically, not horizontally.
- Now, move the paper width guide of the input tray until it touches the edge of the papers you loaded in the previous step.
Loading paper in the Deskjet 2541 is so easy if you follow the steps properly. Once you are done with that, get ready to move forward.
Step 3 – Install the Cartridges
Among the hardware setup steps, this is the last one. Once you are done with it, you are ready to move to the software part of the setup process. In the process of HP Deskjet 2541 all in one printer copier scanner setup, you need to install the cartridges. Now follow the steps to install cartridges on your Deskjet 2541.
- Open the cartridge access door from the front panel of your printer. Don’t do anything until the printer is idle and silent and the cartridge moves at the center of the printer.
- If there’s any plastic tape colored orange, then pull it off but be careful.
- After that, insert the cartridge into its slots properly and to do that, make sure that the tri-color cartridge goes on the left side. Whereas the black cartridge goes in the right slot of the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door and repeat these steps whenever you intend to change the cartridge.
After about 30 seconds, the printer will print an alignment page. Check whether everything is fine or not. If the alignment is not ok, then you need to align the cartridges yourself.
Step 4 – Check your Internet Connection and Prepare for Installation
No matter what device you are using to work with this printer, make sure that it is connected to the internet. Turn on the laptop or the computer you are using along with the router. Go ahead with the following steps to check the connection and prepare for installation of the required application.
- Make sure you have turned on the router and the computer and you have access to the internet.
- Connect your HP Deskjet 2541 to the same network that you have connected your computer to.
- Now, place the printer within the range of the router to make it connected.
By checking the steps and following them properly, you can prepare the printer for installing its software. Now, go through the following section to install the printer software.
Step 5 – Start the Software Installation
This is the main step that will help you download and install the printer software, and to do that, you can follow the steps as mentioned below.
- Go to the official website of HP printers and download the printer software and the installation will begin shortly.
- Don’t click on the Continue button in the connect window during the installation process,
- After checking the wireless connection on the printer, click on that Continue button.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions until the Connection Options screen pops up on the computer.
- Next, on the Connection Screen options screen, select the wireless option and click on the Next button.
- Now, click on Yes and then Next on the HP Auto Wireless Connect window and follow the on-screen instructions.
This is how you can install the wireless printer software in your PC to work with it without any inconvenience.
Once you are done with the entire HP Deskjet 2541 all in one printer copier scanner setup, you are ready to print, scan and make copies from it. The article thoroughly discussed all the aspects of the setup process of the printer. Hope, the article helped you find the answer that you were wondering about the setup process of the printer.