HP printers are one of the trusted printer’s brand. HP 8610 printer is well-known for its enhanced technology. If you have recently purchased an HP 8610 printer, then you just need to know the procedure of HP 8610 printer setup. Because if you don’t set up and configure your HP printer properly, then you won’t be able to print anything via your HP printer. Thus, through this article, we are going to discuss the steps which will help you to set up your HP 8610 printer correctly. Go through the steps which are described in the below part of the article, so that you can use it without any hassle.
Some Easy Steps to Set Up your HP 8610 Printer:
Here, we are going to discuss some of the easy steps that can help you to set up your HP 8610 printer. Read the mentioned below part of this article.
Step 1: Collect the Network Setup Information
At the first step, you need to collect all the required network setup items. The things that you need are mentioned below. All these things will help you in performing HP 8610 printer set up.
- The first thing that you should know to set up a printer is the name of the Network. The name of the network is also known as the SSID or you can even know it as the Service Set Identifier.
- The second thing that you should know is the passcode of the Network. The password might set as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase. The computer must be connected with the wireless network which is provided by you.
- The next thing which you need is Internet access. HP printer wanted the broadband Internet access such as the cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
- Also, check if the router and computers are turned on or not. Apart from that, you have to be sure about the internet connection. Verify if the computer is connected with the wireless network that you need to link up with the printer. After that, you need to turn on the printer and locate it near to a computer. Now, separate the USB port or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Connect to the Wireless network
The Wireless Setup Wizard requires the simple way to set up and manage the wireless connection to your printer. Here are the steps to do it easily.
- At first, go to the Control panel of the printer and then touch on the Right Arrow icon from your device. This will help you to show the second navigation screen.
- After that, you need to touch on the Setup icon which is located in your device. After that, tap the Network option and then on the Wireless Setup Wizard. Thereafter, select the Continue option.
- Once you have done with the steps which are described in the previously discussed part of the article, now move on to the list of available networks. After that, select the name of your network from the appearing list. Next, you have to touch on the OK button.
- If you can find your networks name from the appearing list, then touch on the Enter New Network Name option. Furthermore, follow the on-screen instructions which will be given to you. This will help you to enter your network name. If you did it successfully, then type the WEP or WPA key as the network password in the provided field.
- If any of the connection error messages appear on your screen, then you have to be sure about whether you have correctly entered your password or not? While inserting the proper uppercase and lowercase. If you find any mistake in the password, then type it correctly.
Step 3: Install the Driver
Once you have finished all the steps from the mentioned above part of the article. Now, move on to the next step to install the driver. You can use an installation CD to download the software to install the driver. To install a driver, follow the steps which are mentioned in the following part of the article.
- At first, you need to power on the printer.
- Then detach the USB port from the printer. Separate the USB port only if it is needed. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
- After that, move on to the official website of HP Customer Support. While entering the official page of the HP Customer Support, click on the Software and Driver Downloads option.
- At the next step, click on the Printer option and type the printer model number in the specified field. Then, click on the Submit option.
- Click on the Change option to change any of the fields from the operating system. Furthermore, click on your version. Again, click on the Change option.
- Click on the Download option that you can find under the Driver heading. Now, select the Download option to get the full software package. Otherwise, you can click on the Basic Drivers option to get other drivers.
Hope, this article has helped you in performing HP 8610 printer setup. If you need more information related to HP printer set up, then you can comment in our comment section mentioned below.