Being one of the leading tech giants, HP has been introducing several products to its users. Printers are not excluded from those products and all of the printer models have their own credibilities. But you might not be familiar with the procedure of setting up such printers. If you have recently purchased an HP 8600 OfficeJet printer, then you might be looking for its setup process. The article will thoroughly discuss all the steps in a precise way of performing the HP 8600 printer setup. We hope after reading the article, it won’t be difficult any longer for you to set up your HP 8600 printer.
At a Glance: Steps for HP 8600 Printer Setup Procedure
From removing the printer, from its package to print a document, all of them are so important, when it comes to the setup process. For knowing the steps to complete the HP 8600 printer setup process, you can follow this section. Here, we have discussed all the steps in a precise way.
Step 1 – Install the Two-Sided Printing Accessory if you have a Duplexer
If you have a duplexer printer, then this step is something that you must follow. As you have already opened the box and taken out the printer from it, now you have to install the printing accessories on it. To do so, you can follow the steps as mentioned in the following section.
- You need to find the duplexer first in the box and then, take it out of that. If there’s any tape on the duplexer, then remove that.
- Turn around the printer and let the rear portion face you because it’s necessary for going to the next step.
- Find the slot, where you need to insert the duplexer on the back of it and hold that duplexer towards the printer. After that, push it till it gets snapped into its place in the printer and then checks whether it got fixed in its place or not.
- Again, turn the printer around in such a way that its front confronts you.
That’s all you need to know about the steps to install the accessories on your printer. Now, go to the next step and go through what it says.
Step 2 – Install Tray 2
Before you follow this section, you should know that this unit doesn’t come in each region and this is an optional accessory. If your printer doesn’t include a tray 2, then we recommend you to step to the next step. Whatsoever, to install the tray 2, you can follow the steps given below.
- Take out the tray 2 from the printer box and remove whatever tape there is on it.
- After that, keep the tray on some flat surface and make sure that the surface is hard. This should be the same place where you intend to use your printer for future printing tasks.
- Next, position the printer gently on the top this tray after lifting it up. While placing the printer on the tray, make sure that the printer is even with all the edges of the tray including left, right, and the back ones.
With these steps, it shouldn’t be any harder to install the tray in the printer. If you have followed the steps properly, then the tray should be on its place.
Step 3 – Connect the Power Cord and Set your Preferences on the Printer
If you have installed the tray in the printer, then this is the next step to follow. Some users might not have the tray 2 to install in the printer. Nonetheless, you may have the duplexer and if so, then after installing that, you should follow this section. Here, we are going to discuss all the steps that state the procedure to connect the power cord on the printer. You will also find the steps to set your preferences on the printer. To do these two things on your printer, follow the steps given below accordingly.
- At first, connect the power cord to the rear panel and insert it in the power input point. After connecting the cord with the printer, plug its other end to the electrical outlet for letting it work properly.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer and proceed further with the preference set up options.
- From the touch panel, select your preferred language that appears on the list and tap on the Continue button.
- Now as you have selected your preferred language, you have to select your country or the region. After selecting your country or region, tap on Continue in order to confirm your selection.
- Select the Date and Time section to open it and then swipe accordingly to set the current date and time in it.
- Tap on the Done button, after you have completed the preference setup.
You should be able to proceed with the next steps as you have completely set up your preference.
Step 4 – Load Paper into the Paper Tray 1
Loading paper in the paper tray is the next thing that you will be doing in this section. You can choose your preferred paper size to load into the tray 1. To load the paper tray with the papers, you need to follow the steps as mentioned in the section below.
- Pull out the tray by grasping it on the underside section and then pinch the paper width guide tabs according to the papers. After that, slide these guides to their outermost positions to fill the papers in.
- Insert the papers in the tray and make sure that the short edge is set to forward direction. The print side should also be in the face-down direction.
- Before pushing the tray into the printer, ensure that the paper edges are resting with the paper width guides.
- Finally, pull out the output tray extender in the printer unit.
Once you are done following the steps, you should be able to load the paper into the paper tray.
Step 5 – Load Paper into the Tray 2 if you have One
As already discussed, in some regions, the OfficeJet 8600 comes with a tray 2. Hence, if you have one, then you have to fill it up with the papers also. The steps to do that are quite the same as the previous section. The only difference here is that the tray 2 stays at the bottom section of the printer. Take it out in the same way as mentioned in step 5 and load papers.
Step 6 – Install the Setup Ink Cartridges
Without completing this step, you cannot move forward as ink cartridges are so important for each and every printer. To prevent any kind of ink cartridges error, you should install the setup ink cartridges during its first setup time. However, follow the steps as discussed below to install the setup ink cartridges in the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door by pulling it out from the left side of the printer. Let the printer come into idle mode and silent and for that, you should wait for a few minutes.
- Once it is silent and idle, hold the ink cartridges toward the printer to put it where it needs to be inserted. After that, push the ink cartridge in the forward direction until it clasps into its place inside the printer.
- After that, close the ink cartridge access door and repeat these steps whenever you’ll need to install ink cartridges.
After completing all the steps, let the printer align the ink cartridges for some moment. Once the printer is done with the ink cartridge alignment, the printer should print an alignment page. If the control panel asks any permission from you, then tap on Yes to confirm your action.
Step 7 – Install the Printer Software on your Device
This is the final step that allows the printer to work with your device. Without installing the printer software, you cannot print or scan or do any operation in the printer from your device. Such devices include smartphones, computers, laptop, tablets, etc. With the printer unit, you should get a disk that includes the printer software which you can install on your OS. If you don’t have the disk, then you can visit the official website of HP to download the software for your device. Afterward, install the software on your system.
That’s all you need to know about the steps to complete the HP 8600 printer setup process. Once you are done with the steps, you shouldn’t face any problem working with the printer. Go ahead and print whatever you want to print from it.