Garmin Nuvi 760 is a GPS device that has impressive navigation features with some extra hallmarks include preloaded maps, FM transmitter, and a widescreen display.
Besides its remarkable features, a periodic update of Garmin Nuvi maps is extremely important to keep yourself modernized with any introduction of buildings and other entities within the area.
Here, we will be providing you the map as well as device updates for Garmin Nuvi 760. So stick to the article to know more about this process and perform a successful update.
How to Perform a Garmin Nuvi 760 Map Update?
To perform a Garmin Nuvi 760 map update you should substitute the old “Gmapsupp” file and get the latest updates on the GPS maps through the Garmin Navigation device (Garmin Nuvi 760 in this case).
Also, you can either by Garmin Express or through my Garmin Account. We have mentioned the steps individually for both.
For a successful Garmin Nuvi 760 map update through Garmin Express, follow the steps as mentioned below.
- First of all, download and install the Garmin Express application from their official website for either Mac or Windows. Also, make sure to meet the system requirements.
- Connect the Garmin Nuvi 760 map to your operating system and then open the GPS Express application. Click on “Add a device” and register Garmin Nuvi 760 map. You will have to give the email address of your Garmin account for a complete setup.
- Once an Express dashboard appears on your screen, look for the Garmin map update option and then click on Install.
Follow the steps mentioned below to update Garmin Nuvi 760 map via myGarmin account.
- Go to their official website and login to your Garmin account.
- Connect the Garmin Nuvi 760 device with your operating system. Within the Garmin account, select the “Add a device” option and then choose the Garmin Nuvi 760 from the device list.
- Complete the registration process by following the instructions that appear on your screen. To get the free updates just click on “Get Free Update” and then download. For paid updates of maps click on “Order Now”.
- Make sure to save the free GPS map update file on your operating system.
- Delete the “gmapsupp” file situated within the device folder and then replace it with the new updates file of another folder.
Steps to Update Garmin Nuvi 760 Device:
To update your Garmin Nuvi device make sure to follow these steps.
- Install and Download Garmin Express for either Mac or Windows through their official website. Make sure that the system requirements should meet.
- Connect your Garmin Nuvi 760 to your operating system through a USB cable and then launch the Garmin Express.
- Click on “Add a device” and wait for some time. Express software will detect your new device during that time.
- Register the Nuvi device with the application and then select the Install option from the Express dashboard.
- This will install as well as download the update of Garmin Express on your operating system.
So this was the complete process by which you should be able to perform a Garmin Nuvi 760 device as well as map update. Let us know if there are any queries.