Windows 10 has become one of the most preferable Operating Systems in this global market. However, being a technical OS, it is not always free from the technical errors. Sometimes, users often don’t know how to uninstall programs on Windows 10. If you are one of those confused users who is not aware of the detailed process of Windows 10. You are on the correct page. You can follow this article until the end and fix the issue on your own. But before going on that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes to uninstall programs.
Causes To Uninstall Programs
Due to several reasons, you can uninstall programs. They are listed below:
- If you are using an infected version of a program, then you should uninstall that program.
- In some cases, you have to clean out some programs from your system to clean the disk space.
Now, let’s focus on the uninstallation process.
Steps To Uninstall Programs On Windows 10
Here, are some expert provided steps to perform the uninstallation process.
Method 1: Using Control Panels
To uninstall a program from the control panel, try to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Focus on the search box.
- In the search box, search for “add or remove programs“.
- After that, tap on the search result against Add or remove programs.
- Now, check the list of the installed programs on your computer.
- Find and place a right click on the program which you want to uninstall.
- Now, tap on Uninstall in the context menu against the program.
- After that, go through with the on-screen uninstallation instructions to complete the uninstallation process. After completing the steps, you will be able to uninstall the programs.
Method 2: Using Settings Option
You can also use an alternative method to perform this action as well. Let’s have a look:
- First of all, go to the Start Menu.
- After that, tap on the Settings option.
- Tap on the system option.
- After that, click on the Apps & features present on the left side of the window.
- On the right side of the screen, find and click on the application you want to uninstall, it will be selected.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall option.
- Click on the Uninstall button that pops up on the window.
- After that, you will be able to complete the uninstallation process.
Method 3: Using Registry Editor
Once you install third-party software in your system, then it creates a separate significance in your system’s registry. In that case, if you want to delete each and every traces of this particular program, then you should try to delete the program using the registry editor. You can also try to uninstall a program using the registry editor. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter R to launch the Run dialogue box.
- After that, type “regedit” in the box popped up. And hit enter to continue.
- You will be able to launch the Registry Editor window.
- On the left side of the registry entry, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Then, focus on the SOFTWARE option.
- Go to the Microsoft page and choose the Windows.
- Select the current version and tap on the Uninstall option.
- On the left side of a Registry Editor, find the sub-key which is concerning the application you want to uninstall from your computer using the Uninstall key.
- Registry Editor, locate the sub-key pertaining to the program or application you want to uninstall from your computer under the Uninstall key.
- Once you notice that, the subkey belongs to the application or program which you want to uninstall.
- Now, right click on the specific program. Also, click on the delete option from the resulting menu.
- Tap on Yes from the resulting popup. You have to confirm the action.
- After successfully deleting the subkey, close the Registry window.
- Now, restart your computer.
- After booting up, try to check whether you have deleted the program or not.
Method 4: Using Safe Mode
In case, if you can’t delete a program from your computer, it means, there might be some third-party applications causing a problem. In that case, you can boot into the Safe Mode to avoid this type of interference while uninstalling a program. Once you turn on the Safe Mode, you only be able to run the stock applications and services. In that case, even you can’t turn on the internet also in this method. In that case, do the follows to uninstall a program.
- Tap on the Windows Logo key + R to open the Run dialogue box.
- In the dialogue box, type “msconfig”. This way you will be able to launch the System Configuration utility.
- Next, go to the boot tab from the system configuration.
- Turn on the Safe boot option under the Boot options by making the box be checked which is behind it.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
- Once done, click on the Restart from the dialogue box which pops up on your screen.
- After completing the booting process, your computer will be in the safe mode. Now, try to follow the first method again to complte the uninstallation process.
After completing these steps, you will be able to fix this issue on your own. But in every case, it is recommended to follow each and every step carefully, and not to skip or jump any important steps. Otherwise, you won’t be able to perform this action on your own. In case, if you can’t perform this action then you can contact experts also.
Hopefully, using the above-mentioned procedures, you will be able to fix the issue on your own. If you have any other further queries, in order to fix this issue, you can leave a comment in the comment section, we will help you to fix this problem as soon as possible.