Norton is one of the most popular virus removal apps that is compatible with most of the updated version of Windows. So, you can resolve the malware issues effortlessly and immediately. Besides its incredible performance, there are lots of technical glitches which make it problematic for the Norton users. It reduces system performance, as well as the device lags automatically. Besides this, it prevents to download a new app due to its installation problem. Therefore, you won’t be able to work with your device without removing this valuable antivirus app. However, in this content, we are going to discuss the crucial steps on how to uninstall Norton 360 without facing any problem.
Why do you need to Remove Norton 360?-Significant Reasons
Norton has some of the major technical glitches that make it problematic to the users. Moreover, some of the applications might get stuck due to this Norton issue. Therefore, you might disable it to run other applications and avoid the technical hassle on the system. Here, we are going to discuss some of the significant technical issues associated with the Norton 360.
- Outdated version of the Norton sometimes prevents the Norton scanning process.
- Incorrect installation of the Norton installation file sometimes creates a problem in Norton performance.
- Missing system files or corrupted system files sometimes lead to this issue.
Uninstall Norton 360 through Simple Steps
Applying certain technical steps can help you to overcome the Norton issues. Moreover, it helps to enhance the system performance as well as remove Norton associated error without any hassle. Here, we are going to define steps on how to uninstall Norton 360 by avoiding all the technical error. So, you might try out the steps to remove the Norton security software.
Uninstall Norton 360 Software
- Press the Windows and R together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the text box and hit the Enter key to open the App Wizard window.
- Here, you will get a list of installed programs and choose Norton 360 from that list.
- Next, click on the Remove or Uninstall button to start the Norton removal process.
- Click on the option ‘Please Remove all User data’ and click on the Next button from the next ‘Subscription Period Warning’ window.
- Next, confirm the process by clicking on the Restart Now option.
- It will start to perform the uninstallation program and it will take a few minutes to complete.
- When done, reboot the system and check the Norton 360 is removed successfully or not.
Uninstall Norton Download Manager
- Download the Norton Removal tool from the official website.
- Now, open the downloaded folder by double-tapping on it and choose the NRnR icon.
- Then, you can see the License Agreement window and click the ‘Agree’ button to accept it.
- Tap on the Advanced options and select the option Remove Only.
- Next, click on the Remove button to confirm the Norton 360 uninstallation process.
- Finally, click on the Restart Now button and delete the Norton antivirus permanently.
Delete Norton 360 Software Family from Windows 10
It is one of the easiest and the most generic method which helps to remove the Norton 360 without any technical hassle. Moreover, it boosts system performance and frees up the storage space.
- Type “control” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Choose ‘Programs & Features’ from the list of items and select the option ‘Uninstall a program’.
- You can see a list of applications which are already installed in the system. Select the Norton 360 Software installation file along with other Norton files.
- After that, right-click on them and choose the Uninstall option to start the Norton removal process.
- Next, confirm the step by tapping the YES button from the resultant window. The entire process will take a couple of seconds and reboot the system once done.
Perform Uninstallation Process Without Password
When you perform the Norton 360 deletion process, you need to verify the account first. If you fail to authenticate it, then it becomes a problematic factor. However, the following steps will help to perform this process without passcode verification.
- Type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Registry window.
- Now, follow the path ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection’ and choose the ‘SmclnsData’ from the right-pane of the window.
- Right-click on that option and choose the Delete option to remove it.
- Now, click on the YES button to confirm the registry key deletion process.
- Next, you can uninstall the Norton without verifying the passcode at the time of the software removal process.
Disable Norton on Android Device
- Open the Norton app from the Android device and select the option ”You are not allowed to uninstall the Norton Family app from this device”.
- From the Device Admin page, click on the Deactivate button.
- Next, fill up the Norton account page with correct credentials and navigate to the Manage Application page.
- Tap on the Uninstall button from the resultant page and click on the Norton Family option to select the entire package.
- Finally, tap on the OK button and continue the process. Once done, restart your Android handset and check whether the removing process of Norton 360 is done perfectly or not.
Removing Norton 360 from iOS Devices
- Click on the Settings app from the Apple gallery and choose the General tab from the Settings window.
- Next, tap the Restrictions option and disable it by moving the slider to the Off position.
- Now, tap and hold the Norton Family icon until all the files of the package become highlighted.
- Click the “X” symbol and uninstall this Norton 360 app.
- When the prompt shows the Delete option, tap on it to remove the software from your Apple device.
- The uninstallation time of Norton depends on the available resources. If you use the upgraded Windows OS, it will take less time to perform it. Besides this, if you are running multiple programs or more than one apps are running in the background, the Norton removal process will take too much time. However, you can speed up the uninstallation process by running the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool on the system.
- You don’t require to uninstall the Norton 360 if you want to upgrade it with the latest version. In the case of the missing installation files or if it shows an installation error, you can disable it. Otherwise, if you want to uninstall it, it will get permanently deleted from your device. Therefore, without the proper download and installation process, you won’t be able to re-install it.
In the above article, we have discussed the process of how to uninstall Norton 360 without any technical problems. Moreover, we have defined significant reasons that are responsible to create the Norton issue. Furthermore, we have analyzed the possible symptoms when the Norton is not working properly. So, we hope this content will help you to remove the Norton issue without facing any trouble.