If you are a new user of Firefox then you should know how to combine it with Java, otherwise, you will face applet error. In this regard, this article contains several guidelines on how to enable Java for Firefox. Try to follow the steps mentioned here till the end to perform this action on your own.
Why Should You Have To Turn On Java For Firefox
You have to turn on Java to increase the performance of the applet. Probably it is the main reason to turn on java for Firefox. If you have downloaded a version of Java but can’t install it then also you have to activate it to avoid the system crash.
Steps To Turn On Java For Firefox
Here, experts have provided several guidelines to help you with this matter. Try to follow all of the steps carefully without skipping any of them.
- At first, Open Firefox to perform the initial process. Otherwise, restart it.
- After that, go to the Firefox Menu.
- From the Firefox menu, select Tools, then click the Add-ons option.
- In the Add-ons Manager window, you can see an option Plugins, select it.
- Click Java (TM) Platform plugin (Windows) or Java Applet Plug-in (Mac OS X) to select it.
- Check that the option selected is Ask to Activate or Always Activate or an older Firefox version, click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled).
How To Enable All Java Content
You can also enable all java content. To do that, go to the java website and apply the following steps.
- Open the Java website.
- Download and install Java.
- Open the Firefox 51 download page.
- Select a 32-bit link. Click the firefox-51.0b9.win32.sdk.zip link near the bottom of the list of links on this page.
- Open the downloaded ZIP folder. Double-click the ZIP folder to do so.
- Extract the ZIP folder’s contents.
- Open the extracted folder. Double-click the firefox-51.0b9.win32.sdk folder (not the ZIP one) to open it.
- Open the firefox-SDK folder. It’s the only folder in the window.
- Open the bin folder. Double-click this folder, which is near the top of the Window.
- After this process, disable all automatic updates and check “Ask to Activate” drop-down box. from the Addons options.
- Your work will be done.
You will be able to enable Java by performing all of these steps thoroughly. After turning on java, you will be able to work with the applet.