Usually, we are familiar with a smartphone’s or tablet’s touch screen. But, in this modern technological era, some Dell laptops also offer touch screen facility. However, users more often are not comfortable with the idea of a touch screen, as they have a habit of using a keyboard and mouse to input something. If you are also uncomfortable or facing certain issues with the touch screen of your Dell device, then you have to know How to turn off touch screen on Dell laptop. Unfortunately, there is no third-party software to turning off this touch screen on Dell laptop. So, if you don’t have any knowledge on how to disable touch screen on Dell laptop, then just go through this article.
Reasons to Disable the Touch Screen on your Dell Laptop
Though the touch screen gives some extra advantage to the user, sometimes you might face some issues with it. Then, you need to disable it and use a keyboard and mouse for input. Let us check out a few probable causes that can lead to disabling the touch screen:
- Outdated drivers can, often, cause touch screen issue. Then, you need to disable it as soon as possible.
- Sometimes, the touch screen responds slowly. Certain inputs take a prolonged time to get displayed. Now, if you want to experience a hassle-free typing, you have to disable this touch screen.
- Many of us are comfortable with the keyboard and mouse as the output device. So, those who are willing to use these two as their output device, they have to disable the touch screen first.
- Touch screen drains the battery life faster. So, if you want to save the battery life, then you have to disable the touch screen.
Effective Steps to Turn Off Touch Screen on Dell Laptop
No Built-in switch is available to disable the touch screen. So, don’t panic if you don’t know how to do this. Just perform these steps one by one which we mention below.
For Windows 10/8.1 User
Step 1: Open the Device Manager
- First of all, press the Windows key and R key combination on the keyboard, to open the Run box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run box and press the Enter key.
- It will invoke the device manager.
Step 2: Find the Touch Screen Device
- Search for ‘Human Interface Devices’.
- Click on it to expand this category.
- Under this option, you will find ‘HID-compliant touch screen’.
Step 3: Disable the Touch Screen
- Select this particular touch screen.
- You will find the Context menu.
- Choose the ‘Disable device’ option under it.
- To confirm this, click YES to turn off the touch screen.
Step 4: If you Want to Enable the Touch Screen Again
If you want to use this touch screen again, just follow these instructions below:
- Open the Device Manager again.
- Do the same thing, as mentioned previously, to choose the ‘HID-compliant touch screen’.
- Click on this and choose ‘Enable Device’.
- It will help you to enable the touch screen again.
For Windows 8 User
- Press the Windows key + Q key, at the same time on the keyboard.
- Then, type ‘Control Panel’ on the search box.
- Now, you will find the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option. Click on it.
- Choose ‘Pen and touch’ option.
- Now, select the Touch tab.
- Disable the ‘Use your finger as an input’ option, to disable the touch screen.
We hope that now you know ‘how to turn off touch screen on Dell laptop’ from this article. If you have any queries regarding this, you can comment. You can also follow the user guide to prevent any further complications.