McAfee is one of the most trusted and popular internet security software that offers protection against various spyware and malware. It is the most preferred choice for users across the world for its unmatched and unique functionalities. You can easily create and manage access permission for new and existing programs which requires inbound internet access to your computer to run smoothly. Besides this, it can even interfere with the application and software packages information due to its integrated security software. At times, some programs can prompt to disable the firewell before installing it. Therefore, if you are looking for ways on how to turn off McAfee firewall, then take help from this article. Here, we are going to discuss all the probable and effective methods that will make your task easier.
Try These Easy Hacks To Turn Off McAfee Firewall
Disabling McAfee often helps to run various programs. Therefore, it is necessary to be aware of the process of how to turn off McAfee firewall Windows 10. Here are some easy steps that will provide you with the exact guidance. Therefore, simply follow the instructions that are given below:
- Search for the McAfee Security Center taskbar icon which is located in the lower right-hand side of your screen exactly next to the clock.
- Now, If Windows is set to automatically hide taskbar icons, click on the small expansion arrow.
- Once you have found the icon, double-click on it. The McAfee Security Center window will come up which will display multiple configuration options.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, click on the “Configure” option.
- At the bottom-left, to bring up the advanced options, you will need to click “Advanced Menu” in case you do not see the previous options.
- Click on the “Internet & Network” tab, and click the button which reads “Disable Firewall”.
- At first, open your McAfee software.
- Now, click on the Web and Email Protection, or you can also hit the gear icon which is located at the top-right corner.
- Click the Firewall option.
- Then, select the Turn Off button.
- Open the Start Image which is titled with Windowsstart.png.
- Now, in the bottom-left corner of the screen, Click the Windows logo or press the Win key on the keyboard.
- In Start, type McAfee. This will help you to search for the McAfee program.
- Then, look for the TotalProtection which is located at the top of the Start window, with the subheading “Desktop app” below its name. This will help to open the McAfee program.
- Now, select the PC Security tab which is located in the upper-left corner of the McAfee window.
- On the left side of the McAfee window, click on the Real-Time Scanning
- In the upper-right side of the Real-Time Scanning page, the “Turn off” option is located; click on it.
- Now, select a time limit and then click the Turn Off option.
- In the “When do you want to resume Real-Time Scanning?” box, you can set a time for real-time scanning to reactivate in which the default time is 15 minutes.
- Until you manually turn it back, for the time limit, select “never.”
- After turning off Real-Time Scanning, you can exit this window.
- In the upper-right side of the page, again click the Turn Off option.
- In case the Firewall page is blank, your McAfee Firewall is already off
- Now, exit the Firewall window and select the X in the top-right corner of the Firewall window.
- Click on the Automatic Updates which are located below the Firewall on the left side of the page.
- In the top-right corner of the Automatic Updates page, click the Turn Off option.
- Click on the “Scheduled scans” option which is just below the Automatic updates after exiting the Automatic Updates pages.
- In the top-right corner, click on the Turn Off option.
- Doing the above steps will help you to disable all the McAfee services.
- Now, remove McAfee from your PC.
- If nothing works, then try to uninstall the McAfee program completely.
All the above steps are proven and effective; hence applying these solutions will help you to get fruitful results. But in case you are still facing trouble or confusion with the steps, please do post comments below.