Printers are important nowadays for personal as well as professional purpose. With so many brands of printers are available in the market, Dell is one of the best printers because of its technical enrichments. Despite being the best, Dell printers are not free from glitches. You may face different kinds of issues with your Dell printers but it may vary from one model to another. This article is mainly focused on some of the general issues which might appear while using the Dell printers. So, here we are also going to discuss Dell printers troubleshooting methods. Thus, let’s go through the article to learn the details on troubleshooting methods to resolve the various problems with your Dell printer.
Some General Problems of Dell Printer and its Solutions:
Now here, we are going to discuss three of the most reported Dell printer problems and solutions which may appear very often while using the Dell printers. So, let’s go through it:
Dell printer not working issue
You may face the problem with Dell printer not working issue while using it. Sometimes it may happen that the printer is not working just after connecting it with your computer. The problem may occur due to the software glitches. If you are dealing with this kind of issue then, here is the solution in your hand. Try the steps which are mentioned in the undergoing section to troubleshoot Dell printer.
Here are the steps that can help you to get rid of the issue.
- At first, open the Run dialog box. To open it, you need to press the Win + R button both at the same time from your keyboard.
- After that, type the following commands in the appearing dialog box “msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostic”
- Then, press the Enter button from the keyboard. This will help you to launch the printers troubleshooter option
- After that, click on the model name of the problematic printer from the listed results
- In the next step, click the Next option to begin the Dell printer troubleshooting.
If the previously discussed steps did not help you to fix the problem with this issue then, you should try the following steps:
- To do it at first, you have to right-click on the printer driver file and then click to the “Properties” option
- After that, check the box where you will find the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for” which is located under the “Compatibility” tab. Thereafter, click on the “Windows 8/8.1” option
- Then, tick on the checkbox “Run this program as an administrator”
- In the next step, click on Apply and then select the OK button to save the changes
- Then, double-click on the file to install the printer driver
You can also try this alternative step that can help you to resolve this problem.
- At first, you have to press the Win + I button from the keyboard to open the Settings option
- After that, move on to the Update and Security option. Then, click on the Recovery option then, go to the Advanced startup.
- Click on Restart now and select the Troubleshoot option
- Once you have done with all the steps which are mentioned before, then click on the Go back to the previous build option
The printer is not printing black ink issue
Dell printer is not printing the black ink is a common problem to the users. It may happen due to various kind of reasons. The issue may occur due to out of the black ink. In addition to this, the issue may also happen because of the black ink cartridge which is not seating properly on its slot. Another reason which may influence this error is the slot of the ink jets out has been clogged. If this is your problem then, here is the solution which will help you to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Reseat the Black Cartridge
Perform the steps to get rid of the issue with the printer not printing black ink.
- At first, you have to open the printer by lifting the scanner bed
- Then, press the tab at the back of the black ink cartridge
- After that, hold the release tab which is located at the back of the ink cartridge. This will help you to release the cartridge after that, you have to pull it out
- Then, reinsert the cartridge in the printing device. After that, drive it down and inwards until it locks into its place. Then, check if the problem is resolved or not
Solution 2: Clean and Align the Cartridge
Here is an alternative solution that can help you to fix the problem. Go through the steps which are mentioned in the below section.
- In the first step, go to the Start button
- Then, you have to click on the All Programs option or you can select the Programs option.
- After that, choose the Dell Printers folder and select the ‘Dell Printer Home’ option
- Then, select your printer model from the drop-down list which appears in your computer screen on the top of the window.
- At the next step, click on the Maintenance tab and select the Deep Clean Cartridges. You can run the Deep Clean Cartridge for a second time if it is needed
- After that, click on the Align Cartridges option
- After completing all the steps which are mentioned before, now you can check if this Dell printer troubleshooting method successfully resolves the issue or not.
Troubleshooting Method for Offline and Wireless Dell Printers
If you are in trouble with the offline and wireless Dell printer then, this guide will help you to get rid of the situation. Go through the steps:
To resolve the problem, at first, go to the Printers and Devices option which is located in the Control Panel. After that, select the printer model from the appearing list. Then, right-click on your screen and click on the Properties option. If you are using Windows 10, click on the ‘Manage’ option.
After, completing the steps which are discussed in the earlier part of the article, click on the Printers Properties option. After that, you have to click on the ‘Ports’ tab. Then, you have to type your IP address into the address bar of the computer which is connected with the same WIFI network or Ethernet network.
After that, you will notice the Settings menu of the printer. But, always remember that you have to log in with the correct username and password. Then, click on the Network or connectivity option. After that, you will be able to set the option to static or manual instead of automatic.
If you are using the manual option, then there you will get an option for the IP address which is suggested. If you did not get it, then you have to set it yourself. You should try something exclusive, like modify the original IP address by increasing the last number by say 5. Write that number down and the MAC address for later. After that, click on the save or apply option.
Then, you will get your router’s IP address and then log in online like the previously discussed steps for the printer. You can get your routers IP address by opening the command prompt and type: ipconfig/all. From one of the menu options, you will need to add the MAC address and new printer’s IP address so that it can communicate with the printer.
Once you have done with all the steps which are mentioned before, then go back to the first step to find your printers IP address. Again, you have to add the new IP address and set the Dell printer to it.
This was all about the possible solutions for the problems that you may face while using the Dell printer. Hope, this article has helped you in Dell printer troubleshooting. If you need more information related to the solutions for the problems with the Dell printer, then you can visit our website to get more information.