When you treat yourself with a new iPhone, despite all the new features, you surely want to transfer all your contacts as well. Sounds easy, but it could be tricky sometimes, as iPhone contacts are not stored in the SIM card. So, transferring the contacts from old device to the new iPhone it becomes difficult. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about the problem. Here, in this article, you’ll get to know how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without any hassle.
Step By Step Guide To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone
Since the introduction of iCloud, it has become easier to transfer contacts or other data from one device to another. Apart from the iCloud services, the other option is iTunes that can help you on this occasion. So, let us take a look at the methods to solve this issue.
Method 1: Move Contacts Using iCloud Backup
This is one of the most efficient ways to move your contact to a new device. Go through the following steps carefully and get your job done:
- Sign in to your iCloud account from both the iPhones you’re using and connect the phones to a Wi-Fi network.
- In your old iPhone, go to Settings, and you’ll see your name on the top. Click on the name and a menu will appear. Select iCloud from the there. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier version, then first click on Settings, then tap on iCloud.
- Under the iCloud menu, check if the Contact option is toggled on. If not, then turn it on just by tapping on the toggle sign on the right side of the Contacts. Now, scroll down and select iCloud Backup. Then select Back Up Now.
- You have to wait until the backup is complete. It might take some time to finish the backup depending on the number of contacts you have.
- Take your new iPhone and tap on Settings. Similarly, tap your name on top> iCloud again. You need to sign in to the same iCloud account in both the previous and the current iPhone. Make sure to toggle on the Contacts option and enable the Contact syncing process.
- Wait for the syncing to finish and after that go to the Contacts. Refresh it, and within a few minutes, you’ll be able to see all your contacts in the new iPhone.
Method 2: Move Contacts Using iTunes
You can use iTunes to transfer contacts from one device to another if you don’t have an iCloud account. It can be a little complicated than using iCloud but don’t worry. Follow the below instructions correctly and you can copy all contacts from iPhone to iPhone with the help of iTunes.
- Connect the old iPhone to your computer or Mac and open iTunes. Make sure to use the latest version of the iTunes application.
- In the menu bar on top, you’ll see the iPhone icon there. Choose Info in the lefthand bar and enable the Sync Contacts option.
- You can sync all your iPhone contacts with your PC or Mac by clicking Sync option.
- When the synchronization is over, unplug your old iPhone and connect the new one to the system.
- Similarly, open the iTunes program. Then, select your new iPhone from the menu bar and click on Info. Also, you need to enable the Sync Contacts option.
- In the Advanced menu, scroll down and select Contacts under the submenu ‘Replace information on this iPhone’. This will update the contacts in your iPhone with the contacts of your PC or Mac, which are the contacts of your old iPhone.
- Click Sync to apply the changes, and your new iPhone will have all the contacts from your old iPhone.
How To Transfer Contacts To New iPhone When The Old One Is Damaged?
In the worst case scenario, your iPhone may get damaged. If your iPhone gets stolen or broken, you’ll need to recover all the data including your contacts information from the phone. Now getting back all your contacts onto your new iPhone.
If you have backup all your contacts in your iCloud account, then you can recover them within no time. When you first set up your iPhone, you should create an iCloud account to store the backup of your phone’s data. Thus, you can access your contacts by logging into the iCloud account. You can transfer all the contacts information to your new iPhone from the iCloud using the first solution method mentioned above.
Without the iCloud account, you can try using iTunes to get back your contacts. You can do that by following the previous solution procedure.
Surely you can transfer all the contacts from your old iPhone to the new one with the help of the above methods of solutions. If you have got the iCloud backup, then you’re in luck. Then, you can move the contact to your new iPhone without much effort.