Safari is one of the prominent web browser applications specially designed for iDevices. The Safari web browser allows some exceptional features that enhance the function of the iDevice. The in-built feature allows viewing two Safari windows side-by-side on the iPad to the standard split view between separate apps. It is absolutely essential to set up a split screen on Safari in order to perform multitasking on your iPad. So, if you are wondering, to get a proper setup on how to split Safari screen on iPad, then this article will undoubtedly assist you in every possible way. In this content, we will explore all the prominent methods to set up a split Safari screen on iPad at the earliest possible.
Effective Methods to Set iOS Safari Split Screen on iPad
We have prepared a list of solutions for all the iOS versions in order to set iOS Safari split screen. You can go through these methods until you are able to split Safari screen on iPad.
1). Set the Split View in Safari for iOS 10: Native Split View
If you are an iOS 10 user, you need to go through these steps below to set a split view in Safari on your iPad. There are two ways to perform this task and so you can try one of these methods.
- At first, open the Safari application on your iPad and then, open both tabs you want to run side by side.
- Now, tap and hold on one of the tabs you want and drag it towards the left or right side of the window.
- When a black bar appears on the opposite side of the screen, slide your finger to the black area and simply release your finger.
After completing these above-steps you can now run two tabs side-by-side.
- Turn On the Safari application on your iPad and search for any website you want in order to complete this task.
- Now, when the page opens, long press any link you want and then, select ‘Open in Split view’ to activate this feature.
After processing these steps, you are all set to access the Split view on Safari.
2). Set the Split View in Safari for iOS 9: Pro Version
If you are an iOS 9 user, you need to go through these steps below to set a split view in Safari on your iPad. However, the Safari application for iOS 9 doesn’t support the in-built split view feature and you need to get a pro version of iCab application from the App store to access this feature on your device.
- At first, turn On the Safari application on your iPad and navigate to any website you want in order to complete this task.
- Now, all you have to do is just tap on the Split button on the right-top corner of the window. You can also tap the same Split key to exit the feature.
After completing all the steps accurately, you are now all set to access the Split view features on your iPad.
3). Set the Split View in Safari for iOS 9 Via Sidefari Application
Sidefari is an exceptional application that uses Safari view controller to display two Safari windows side by side. It is quite complicated to set up this application on your Safari to access the Split view feature. Go through the steps given below to accomplish the task.
- At first, navigate the App store on your iPad and download the Sidefari application and install that manually.
- Now, launch the application and tap on the Share button on the left-top side of the window to Enable the Sidefari extension.
- Now, select the More option from the bottom activities and Enable both Sidefari extensions.
- After that, tap on the Share button when you are on a page and select Send to Sidefari option.
- Bring the option over the tab and select Sidefari from the list and then, you will see that the exact page is now open in Safari View Controller.
- Close the tab from Sidefari and navigate to the Safari application to see the new changes.
After completing all the above steps accurately, you are now all set to access the Split view feature on your Safari web browser.
We have provided the methods and practice on Safari split view which is indeed a robust feature. You can go through the above steps and methods as per your iOS version. For iOS 9 users, method 2 is a paid service and you cannot access the split view feature without an in-app purchase. Hope, the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to split Safari screen on iPad. In case, you are unable to access the feature, you can update the web browser or consult with an expert for further assistance. Lastly, we counsel you to drop your valuable feedback below in the comment section to let us know about your experience.