Opera is one of the browsers that includes an inbuilt VPN service which the Opera users can use without the need of any third party VPN software. Many users have encountered with the issue that the Opera VPN not working on their Windows system. This error message is displayed on the screen is ‘VPN is temporarily unavailable’. Generally, it occurs if the location of the VPN is set wrong. If you are one of them who are suffering from this problem, then read this article carefully. This article explains all the reasons why this problem occurs, as well as methods to eliminate it from your computer.
Reasons for the Opera VPN Not Working Issue
We have made a list of reasons that might conflict with the VPN, and it worked. Some reasons are there behind the occurrence of the Opera browser VPN not working error message. You can check these down below:
- If the ISP blocks access to Opera VPN via its main gateway, you will not be able to connect. If there are ISP restrictions, you might not be able to use other VPN products.
- In some cases, if the Opera installation files are damaged and some modules are damaged or missing then you can see this error message on your computer.
- Enabling third-party extensions in your browser can conflict with Opera VPN.
- If any third party antivirus application is installed on your PC then this error message is displayed on the screen.
Before turning to the method, make sure your device is logged in as a computer administrator. You must also have access to your Opera account. Now, you will see the troubleshooting methods for this error message.
Probable Methods to Get Rid Of The Opera VPN Not Working Problem
In the section below we are going to discuss some of the effective and easy methods that should help you to solve the Opera VPN not working problem:
Method 1 – VPN Toggle On or Off
This is an easy method that we have shared to fix this problem on your computer. You have to VPN toggle on or off. Firstly, you need to open the Opera browser and then, go to the website address bar. After that, you can click on the VPN option and then move the slider On to Off. After a few seconds, you can again move the slider Off to On and then check if the VPN works or not.
Method 2 – Change the VPN Location
Before going to any technical way, at first, you have to change the location of the VPN. Opera VPN provides the ability to use VPN in certain locations. If the VPN is not available for that particular location, the Opera browser can not able to attach it. In case if you select another specific location, then you can try to change the default value. If you use the default location, go to a specific location. Follow these steps:
- At first, you need to select the VPN icon which is present at the website address.
- In the new window, you can see the Virtual location, click on it. After that, you can see a list will appear.
- From that list, you can select the location and then click on the OK button to save it. After that, open the website and check if it opens without any hassle.
Method 3 – Remove the Opera Browser Cache
Each browser stores configuration and additional data for its operation. This data file can contain cache, site settings, or, site history. When you are trying to open the default VPN system, the browser data files can prevent it from the opening and display this error message. So, you have to remove them from your computer. To complete this method, follow the steps cited below:
- Firstly, you have to press the Ctrl + Shift + Del keys together to open the Clear Opera Cache data window.
- In that window, you can mark all the items and also mark the Cached images and files. After that, you can set the beginning of time from the drop-down menu list.
- After selecting this, you can select the Clear Browsing Data option to remove them.
- Once it completes, you can restart the system and then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 4 – Disable the Opera Extensions
If there is one of these extensions that conflict with the Opera VPN, then the Opera browser VPN not working issue appears on the screen. So, you should try to turn off all the extensions. To do so, follow the directions which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you can open the Opera browser.
- In the Opera browser window, you need to go to the Menu icon, which is present at the top left corner of the screen.
- From that menu list, you can click on the Extensions tab.
- When the Extensions section opens, you can select all the Extensions one by one and then click on the Disable option to turn it off.
- Once it finishes, restart the machine and then open the Opera browser.
Method 5 – Uninstall the Third Party Antivirus Application
The third-party antivirus application can also block the Opera browser from the opening. Before opening the Opera browser you need to uninstall it from your computer. To remove this software follow the steps:
- Firstly, you can right click on the Windows button to open the WinX menu list.
- From that list, you can see the Control Panel application, select it.
- From the Control Panel window, you need to go to the Programs and Features section.
- In that tab, you can find the Third Party antivirus application and then click on the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Once it is removed, you can restart the device.
Method 6 – Disable the Windows Firewall Feature
When you see the Opera VPN not working issue on your computer, you have to check whether the Windows Firewall feature is disabled or not. Because if it is turned on then you can see this error message. So you should turn it off from the system. To disable it follow the steps given below:
- You need to hold the Windows button and press the S key to open the Search Panel.
- In the Search Panel, type Windows Defender Firewall and then press the Enter button.
- In the Windows Defender Firewall window, you can see an option Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall, mark it on both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings.
- After that, you can click on the OK button to save it. Once it finishes, reboot the device and then check if the Opera VPN works perfectly without any issue.
Method 7 – Uninstall the Opera Browser and Install It Again
If you find the Opera files are corrupted or damaged then you can see the Opera VPN not working the problem on the system. So, you have to remove it and then install it. To do that follow the steps:
- You can press the Windows Home button and along with the “I” key to open the Settings application.
- From the Settings application, you can select the Apps and Programs section.
- In that tab, you can find the Opera browser application and then you can click on the Uninstall option to remove it.
- Once the uninstallation process is finished, you need to download it from the official website of the Opera browser. So, you can go to the Official website of the Opera browser.
- In that window, you can search the latest version of the Opera browser and then select the Download option to start the download process.
- Once the download is completed, you can install it. You have to read the onscreen instructions carefully to install it.
- After installing this, you have to reboot the machine and then check if the error message still persists or not.
Method 8 – Update the Opera Browser
You must keep the Opera browser up to date. Because of an outdated version of the Opera browser can cause this error message. So, you have to update it. To update the browser follow these steps:
- At first, you can open the Opera browser by double-clicking on the Opera icon.
- In that window, you need to take the mouse to the Menu section, select it.
- You can select the About Opera option from the menu list.
- In that tab, you can see if the browser is updated or not. If not then you can click on the Update button to start the updating process.
- Once the task finishes, you should restart the device.
Method 9 – End the Task for the other Third Party Applications
If the above-mentioned methods don’t work out then you can use this method to eliminate the Opera VPN not working problem on your computer. To resolve this issue, you have to end the task of other applications. To do that, follow the directions:
- From the keyword, you can press the Ctrl +Shift +Esc keys together to launch the Task Manager application.
- From the Task Manager window, you can navigate to the Processes tab and then find the Problematic application.
- After that, you should right-click on that application and then select the End Task option to disable it.
- After doing these steps, you can open the Opera browser and check if it works properly.
Now, this article will definitely help you to solve the Opera VPN not working problem on the system. With the help of these methods, you can easily fix this problem on your computer by your own. So read this article carefully and try these methods on your computer to eliminate this problem. However, if you face this problem ever then you can seek help from professionals.