Yahoo Mail is an email client which helps you to create and show email messages. However, before you are able to send and receive any email messages on the Android device, one thing you will have to do is know the procedure of setup. Therefore, if you are wondering how to setup Yahoo mail on Android, then this article will help you out. In the next section, you will get the answers to your queries.
How to Setup Yahoo Mail on Android – Easy Solutions
In this section of the article, you will get guiding steps that will provide you with help to setup the Yahoo Mail on the Android device.
Steps to Enable POP within Yahoo
In order to set up the Yahoo Mail on the Android device, you will have to allow the POP. Here, are steps to do it.
- First, sign in to your Yahoo account.
- Now, go to the upper section of that page and tap on the button ‘Configuration’.
- After that, choose the ‘Mail Options’.
- Next, select the option ‘POP & Forwarding’.
- At last, choose the option ‘Enable POP’.
Add Yahoo Mail on to the Gmail Application
In this point, you will get steps to setup the Yahoo Mail via Google application on the Android phone.
- First, locate and then tap on the ‘Gmail’ application installed on your phone.
- Once the app launches, then hit the ‘three horizontal lines’ to open the list of options for this application.
- From the list, choose the option ‘Settings’. After that, from the page with a similar name, choose the option ‘Add account’.
- Next, in the new window with the heading ‘Set up email’, choose the ‘Yahoo’.
- Now, in the next page, provide your full Yahoo email ID and then tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- After that, log into the Yahoo account.
Use the Default Android Mail Application
The default Mail application present on the phone can also be used on how to setup Yahoo Mail on Android guidance. Follow these steps beneath.
- First, find and tap to launch the default ‘Mail’ application on your Android device.
- Next, choose the option ‘Add Account’ if this is the first account that you are going to add.
- After that, provide your ‘Yahoo’ email ID and the password, then select the button ‘Manual Setup’.
- Now, in the new page with a heading ‘What type of account?’, choose the option ‘POP3 account out of the three.
- In the upcoming window with a heading ‘Incoming server settings’ provide details like ‘Username’, ‘POP3 server’, ‘Security type’, ‘Port’ and ‘Delete email from server’. After you provide all the details, just tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, in the next page ‘Outgoing server settings’ fill with the details like ‘SMTP server’, ‘Security type’, ‘Port’. After that, put a tick mark beside the option ‘Require sign-in’. At last, click on the button ‘Next’.
- In the page ‘Account options’, put check marks on both the options ’Sync Email’ and ‘Notify me when email arrives’. Select the button ‘Next’.
- Lastly, you can give a name to the account and when everything is complete, just hit the ‘Done’ button.
Download and Install the Yahoo Mail Application from Google Play Store
The easiest way to set up your mail account is to get the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play Store application. In order to do that follow the steps below.
- First, locate and choose to launch the ‘Play Store’ application.
- Within that application, tap on the search bar and type ‘yahoo mail’. After that, from the result, choose the ‘Yahoo Mail’. This will open a new page, from where you can get that application.
- Now, choose the ‘Install’ button. Once you do this, then the first the application gets downloaded on to your device.
- After the download process is complete, automatically the installation process of the ‘Yahoo Mail’ will happen.
- Wait for a few seconds, so that the application installs into the device. When it is done, you will see the button ‘Open’.
- At last, launch the ‘Yahoo Mail’ application and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account.
If this guide on how to setup Yahoo mail on Android, cannot able to help you then, do not worry. You can provide details on the problems that you have faced on the comment section at the bottom of this webpage.