When we think about an all-in-one printer, Epson strikes first in our mind. Epson XP 830 small-in-one printer offers superior photo quality as well as versatility which is ideal for any creative projects. This printer comes with a 30-page ADF as well as both-side printing, scanning, faxing, and copying facility because of its output or the auto-extend tray. Sometimes, the users of the Epson XP 830 printer face difficulties when they set up the printer with their system. If you are also in that list and down with worries, then nothing to get depressed about. This is because here in this guideline, we are going to discuss “how to setup Epson XP 830 printer Wi-Fi?” Hence, you are advised to go through the steps given below. So, let’s start.
How to Setup Epson XP 830 Printer Wi-Fi: Easy Process
If you are really in need to dissolve the query regarding “How to Setup Epson XP 830 Printer Wi-Fi?” in a proper way, you need to go through the section given below:
Wi-Fi Mode Setup
You need to set up the printer to interact with the computer with the help of the access point or the wireless router. You can connect the access point or the wireless router to the system over a wired or wireless network.things. Here’s what you need:
- Epson Printer.
- The broadcast router or the access point.
- A system with a broadcast interface.
Selecting the Setting of the Broadcast Network from the Control Panel
You can change or choose the broadcast setting of the network using the Control Panel of the product. To install the printer on the broadcast network, you need to perform the steps given below.
At first, you need to install the essential software. The installer software can help you to set up the network. Breakdown or repair of the product may create the loss of settings, network data as well as fax. Thus, before going to perform the steps you need to create a backup or print out of your settings, network data as well as fax.
These are steps you can go through given below:
- At first, you have to hit the home button of the Epson printer.
- Then choose the option ‘Setup.’
- Click on the ‘Network Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ option.
- Hit the ‘Wi-Fi Setup Wizard’ option. If you want to disable the Wi-Fi network to set up the printer on the Ethernet network, then you need to scroll down as well as choose the ‘Disable Wi-Fi’ option.
- Now, you have to choose the name of the broadcast network. Or if you prefer, you also can enter the name manually. To add the network manually, first, you need to scroll down the list and then choose the ‘Other Network’ option. Use the keyboard displayed on the screen and enter the name of the network.
- Now, you have to type the password of the wireless network with the help of the displayed keyboard.
- After entering the password on its specific field, you need to hit on the Done button.
- Now, you have to make sure the displayed setting of the network. Then to save the setting you have to hit on the ‘Proceed’ button. If you want to change any settings, then you have to hit on the ‘Back’ button.
- When you desire to print the setup report of the network, then you need to hit the Start button. If the network link becomes successful, then you will see the Network icon at the right side of the window.
Wi-Fi Direct Mode Setup:
You also can set up your Epson XP 830 printer to interact with the system or other devices directly without needing an access point or broadcast router. You can choose any one of the modes given below to interact with the device or computer:
Access point Mode:
The printer itself works as the access point of the network for at least 4 devices. When the printer is running in this mode, then you will see a symbol of AP connection on the LCD screen of the printer.
The printer interacts one-to-one with another broadcast capable device. When the printer is running in this mode, then you will see a symbol of D or Direct connection on the LCD screen of the printer.
To detach the peer-to-peer mode attachment, you need to release the connection of the printer from the system or other devices. To allow the peer-to-peer mode, you need to go to the Wi-Fi or Network Settings. Then, click on the ‘Services’ option. After that, hit on the ‘Wi-Fi Direct.’
Enable the Wi-Fi Direct Mode
You need to allow the Wi-Fi direct mode to enable direct interaction between the printer and the system or another device without an access point or broadcast router. Follow the steps given below:
- At first, hit the Home button of your Epson XP 380 printer.
- Then you need to select the Network.
- Click on the Setup.
- Select the option ‘Wi-Fi Direct Setup.’
- Then, you have to choose the ‘Connection Setup.’
- Click on the ‘Change Password’ option and then hit on the ‘Ok’ button. If you have connected computers or devices previously to the printer through the Wi-Fi, then they will be detached while changing the password.
- Enter a new password for the Wi-Fi Direct. The password must need to be between 8 to 22 characters.
- Hit on the Done button after entering the password.
- Now you have to scroll down the list of the Wi-Fi network name to find the SSID and its password.
- Use the system or the broadcast device to choose the broadcast network name that seen on the LCD screen of the printer. After that, you have to enter the password.
- Now you need to exit from the current window. To close the window you should hit the Home button.
You will see either the Direct Wi-Fi symbol or the AP symbol on the printer’s LCD screen. You also should be capable to print directly to the printer from the device or computer. If the Direct Wi-Fi o AP symbol is not seen on the printer’s LCD screen, then the Wi-Fi Direct mode is disabled. Then, you need to repeat the above steps again.
WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup
If the network uses a Wi-Fi protected Setup-enabled access point or broadcast router, then you can easily connect the printer with the network with the help of the WPS. To verify if the router is Wi-Fi protected Setup-enabled, you need to look for the button labeled WPS on the router or on the access point. If you did not find any hardware button, then there may be a virtual WPS button in the software for the system. Check the printer network documentation for details.
With the Help of the WPS to Connect to the Network:
If you are using a Wi-Fi protected setup allowed access point or wireless router, then you can use the WPS to connect the printer with the network.
- At first, you have to hit the Home button of your Epson printer.
- Then click on the Setup.
- Go to the Network Settings.
- Now, hit on the ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ option.
- Then, click the ‘Push Button Setup (WPS)’ button.
- Follow the on-screen directions from the printer’s LCD screen to finish the Wi-Fi protected setup.
- After that, hit on the Ok button.
If the network connection you are using is strong, then hit on the Network icon. You will see this icon on the right side of the Printer’s LCD screen.
If you are tired by searching “how to setup Epson XP 830 printer Wi-fi?”, then the above article should be your ultimate solution. In the above article, we have provided some easy tips and tricks to set up your Epson XP 830 printer. We hope if you successfully perform the above steps in their respective order, then it will help you to complete the setup procedure. After performing the above steps, if you still face any kinds of problem, then you need to contact a professional expert. Or you also can share your issue through the comment section given below.